Media and punditry

BOF

17 hours ago, TrentVilla said:

On the subject of the Channel 5 coverage, I'm not sure who the women in the studio is who covered our game and the QPR one but she is beyond irritating.

That's Caroline Barker. I did some footy stuff with her on a podcast I had way back.

She's a really good presenter whose career has taken off since then, and taken her into work outside football, and her knowledge of football and non-league in particular is beyond question. All of which means I'm puzzled by her contribution to this show, which seems nervous and disjointed in a way she absolutely isn't.

Edited by ChrisVillan

3 hours ago, ChrisVillan said:

That's Caroline Barker. I did some footy stuff with her on a podcast I had way back.

She's a really good presenter whose career has taken off since then, and taken her into work outside football, and her knowledge of football and non-league in particular is beyond question. All of which means I'm puzzled by her contribution to this show, which seems nervous and disjointed in a way she absolutely isn't.

Interesting, she honestly sounded like they had wheeled her in off the street.

BBC have decided to put the Scottish Premiership after the Premier League in their menus across their sports page and app, meaning the Championship is third on the list followed by leagues one and two, conference, conference north and south then the rest of Scottish football.

Why? stop trying to prop up that abomination of a league.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, a m ole said:

BBC have decided to put the Scottish Premiership after the Premier League in their menus across their sports page and app, meaning the Championship is third on the list followed by leagues one and two, conference, conference north and south then the rest of Scottish football.

Noticed this myself and it pissed me right off. News flash, no one gives a **** about Scottish football, far less people in the UK care about it than the Championship. 'Scottish Premiership' should be bottom of the list below the **** Vanarama National League. 

Edited by Dr_Pangloss

1 hour ago, a m ole said:

Because those north of the wall (and I don't mean the Wildlings or maybe I do...) get pisssed off with their leagues being below our lower leagues when the BBC isn't an exclusively English broadcaster, they have a point.

10 hours ago, TrentVilla said:

Because those north of the wall (and I don't mean the Wildlings or maybe I do...) get pisssed off with their leagues being below our lower leagues when the BBC isn't an exclusively English broadcaster, they have a point.

...but how many times can you post the same article of Brendan Rodgers romantically nourishing himself about his 'superstars' beating another pub team 6-0?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

...but how many times can you post the same article of Brendan Rodgers romantically nourishing himself about his 'superstars' beating another pub team 6-0?

I agree but I can see why they've made a concession to them on the tables

Thought the commentary was dreadful tonight. They sounded absolutely ecstatic when Bristol scored and were jerking themselves off about "Friday nights at Ashton gate". Meanwhile when we scored they seemed pretty dejected, and they stayed virtually silent when we had our tails up near the end. rocket polishers.

I thought there were several times they were almost protective of Bruce and same as always they can clearly identify what's right in front of them but they can't explain it, they offered several snips off bullshit as to the plight of Aston Villa, also same as always they never openly criticise poor play, just once I'd love a commentator to call a spade a spade and say "that's rubbish"

On 8/20/2017 at 16:23, ChrisVillan said:

She pops up on 5 live a lot. Probably one of those that is good on the radio but struggles a bit when presenting live on TV.

Proper football nut though, on the board at Chelmsford City apparently.

37 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

I thought there were several times they were almost protective of Bruce and same as always they can clearly identify what's right in front of them but they can't explain it, they offered several snips off bullshit as to the plight of Aston Villa, also same as always they never openly criticise poor play, just once I'd love a commentator to call a spade a spade and say "that's rubbish"

I agree with that. Bruce has definitely got a lot of friends in the media and they generally refuse to criticise him at all.

7 hours ago, VillaChris said:

She pops up on 5 live a lot. Probably one of those that is good on the radio but struggles a bit when presenting live on TV.

Proper football nut though, on the board at Chelmsford City apparently.

And the National League now as well, if I'm not mistaken. 

jeeeez Sky sports really is a jobs for the boys club...just switched on SPN to see whats happening with transfers and boy oh boy who do they have on the panel????

none other than Joleon bloody waste of space clearing in the woods Lescott

says it all really....

• 2 weeks later...
Â