Media and punditry

BOF

1 hour ago, rodders0223 said:

Roy Keane arguing against points nobody is making as usual. Should sign up here.

I was kind of annoyed about Spurs winning before, but now I'm quite glad they made him look like a dickhead. He's obviously fond of that 'if you can trap a ball you can play for your country' line, what was it three times he rolled out that bollocks?

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

I was kind of annoyed about Spurs winning before, but now I'm quite glad they made him look like a dickhead. He's obviously fond of that 'if you can trap a ball you can play for your country' line, what was it three times he rolled out that bollocks?

Keane commentary is all about having a go and winding up Spurs because he has that famous quote I think it was from his book "sure lads its only Spurs"

Has been reported he was a Spurs fan as a kid :D 

3 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Keane commentary is all about having a go and winding up Spurs because he has that famous quote I think it was from his book "sure lads its only Spurs"

Has been reported he was a Spurs fan as a kid :D 

I mean, that quote was pretty funny, and it captured a truth about Spurs pre-Pochettino, that they always flattered to deceive and looked better than they actually were. It's a good line. But if he's truly basing his punditry today on extending that insult it's pretty tragic. Good comedians freshen up their material on the regular.

7 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I suspect it's more because it keeps the invites rolling in and pasy the bills. He's another failed manager who's realised it's a lot easier on the telly, and it pays better being a contrary, angry dickhead with outrageous opinions

• Like 2

He's not far off right there though in fairness, there's a lot of dross in the Spurs side (along with three or four with real quality).

It's great to see them arguing with a bit of passion about something rather than the usual matey garbage in fairness.

• Like 1

On 28/02/2021 at 07:25, Mantis said:

Like Dion? Criminally underused IMO.

Dion is an absolutely dreadful pundit. The amount of drivel that man comes out with regularly is embarrassing.  I remember Watkins goal at Southampton a few weeks back, where Dion was staring at the line that showed the ball was played backwards and still stating it was a clear offside. He isn't the worst by default, but he should be nowhere near TV.  

16 minutes ago, One For The Road said:

Dion is an absolutely dreadful pundit. The amount of drivel that man comes out with regularly is embarrassing.  I remember Watkins goal at Southampton a few weeks back, where Dion was staring at the line that showed the ball was played backwards and still stating it was a clear offside. He isn't the worst by default, but he should be nowhere near TV.  

He must be bad because it was Barkley who scored against Southampton.  Can't believe he made that mistake.

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

He must be bad because it was Barkley who scored against Southampton.  Can't believe he made that mistake.

Yes of course. Which game was it that Watkins scored when the ball was played back to him? It was that game.

Edited by One For The Road

I don't think the ball was played backwards ... but he was behind the ball when it was played.

He was ahead of the defender, but that was irrelevant.

Don't remember the game either.

2 minutes ago, Jono62 said:

Newcastle, when the player tried to intercept and Watkins headed it in.

I'd like to see Roy Keane and Jonathan Walters in the studio doing analysis.

That's it, Newcastle.  Either way it was clearly not offside and Dion was staring at a graphic that showed EXACTLY why it was not offside, whilst simultaneously babbling on about it being offside. Terrible pundit.

13 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

He's not far off right there though in fairness, there's a lot of dross in the Spurs side (along with three or four with real quality).

I agree Spurs aren't a great side. The discussion started as to whether they'd be mid table without Kane and Son? Well, they're currently mid table with Kane and Son.

As Keane often does though, he has to take it to absurdity, he's so  ridiculous I'm surprised he doesn't snarl at the camera after every line. His repeated "If you can trap the ball..." nonsense is him hamming up his persona knowing it gets the views, IMO.

24 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

I agree Spurs aren't a great side. The discussion started as to whether they'd be mid table without Kane and Son? Well, they're currently mid table with Kane and Son.

As Keane often does though, he has to take it to absurdity, he's so  ridiculous I'm surprised he doesn't snarl at the camera after every line. His repeated "If you can trap the ball..." nonsense is him hamming up his persona knowing it gets the views, IMO.

I just enjoyed how wound up Redknapp got, one of the first times it has happened. Hopefully Keane continues to push his buttons 😂😂

• Like 1

9 hours ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Not sure I’m on board with the ‘Trent’ thing......is it really too much hard work to say Alexander-Arnold?

Commentators and pundits and especially youtubers calling Henderson "Hendo"

He's not your mate.

I know it's part of their 'brand identity' or whatever, but I think it's a bit silly for Football365 to keep writing these '16 Conclusions . . .' articles about snore-draws between eg Man Utd and Chelsea. You don't actually have to come up with 16 different takes about a shit game of football lads, it's just the rod that you made for your own backs.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Not sure I’m on board with the ‘Trent’ thing......is it really too much hard work to say Alexander-Arnold?

Yes. All double barrelled names should be banned. Alex oxo-cubes etc can all do one. Pick a surname or bog off. 

• Like 1

Â