Football Manager 2013

AndyClarke

I’m really excited to be able to announce that the release date for Football Manager 2013 on PC & Mac will be Friday November 2nd at 00.01 GMT – that’ll be the time we’ll turn on the Steam servers to allow people to start playing the game.

This year we also have a very special reward for those people who have pre-ordered the game from participating retailers – you’ll actually get to play a version of the game 2 weeks upfront.

So, 2 weeks before release those who have pre-ordered (from participating retailers, which I’ll have to repeat every time for legally type reasons) you’ll be able to download a beta version of the game which will be very close to the final game, and play to your hearts’ content. The beta will include FM, classic mode & challenges, but will not include the network game.

This beta version will be playable until Monday November 5th, so if your game doesn’t turn up until Monday’s post, you’ll still be able to play, but you’ll need to install the finished game after that point.

Saved games will be compatible with the final game.

You can find a list of participating digital, online & bricks and mortar retailers who are participating in the pre-order reward scheme here.

As an extra special bonus, people who buy FIFA13 (PS3 & Xbox 360) from GAME retail outlets in the UK and pre-order FM13 from them at the same time will get a voucher for £5 off the retail price of FM13 on its release. This offer is only available til the shops close on Monday 1st October.

Thank you, as always, for your continued support.

Cheers,

Miles

Went through a range of reactions reading that! I start my job full-time on the Monday following the game's release, so I was a little annoyed that the release date was the Friday before. Then I read that I could play the game two weeks early - yay! - before checking the UK retailers that will be able to supply the beta version, and saw that Green Man Gaming wasn't on there. However, just as I began to despair again, I noticed the link to the eligible SI partners at the bottom of the page, and it was on there. Hooray!

I really like the micro-managing side of things, I'm just not sure if I'll have time for it when I start my new job. In that respect, it'll be nice to have classic mode as another option, but I'll probably still choose to play through the game normally, albeit very slowly. No doubt I'll be even more frustrated if I lose in three consecutive play-off finals again!

Ok. Thanks for message. So if you pre-order basically you have the game early with maybe one or two bugs.

If you preorder from one of the listed retailers, you will be given a code to access a beta version of the game 2 weeks before the game is released. Presumably it will be a beta version that is not too far away from a gold candidate.

I've never played this and don't know much about it. Do you compete against other players around the world? Just on your server? How do the actual games work? Is it through the game's AI, or can you control specific in-match things?

Im dreading this game. I like to manage villa and I got the transfer update for last years game. Villa are shit. Westwood and Bowry are useless, Bennett and Lowton are cack and KEA and Benteke are very average.

Â