Football Manager 2013

AndyClarke

Does network games with Steam mean that the servers will be through Steam?

I think it was played off each other's internet previously which made it slow.

Could make it easier for us to have a VT game.

Yeah that would be a lot better tbh, I played a couple of network games, and it was painfully slow. Anything they could do to speed it up would be great..

And a VT Network Game would be Good :thumb:

Napoli again, Willian again, and none.

By the way, I think they should emulate FIFA's ultimate team idea and add it to FM, as a online side game. The FIFA version is shit, but I think it would be amazing on FM. There are many flaws to it but if they got it right it could take off. Instead of buying coins with cash, you could earn them with a cup/league or match win. It'll never happen but they should!

i'll do the same as i always do, start with a big team (usually arsenal) scout the world, make a note of anyone who is considered a quality signing, then start a game as villa and sign the best ones on the cheap

on 2012 ive had a really good barca, anzhi, brasilianese and now rangers game so i'll probably do them again, really enjoyed the hero challenges so i might have a look if some of the achievements inspire me to start with something different

Will be difficult to rate Villa's new signings. Absolute nightmare actually. Villa could possibly be the worst team in the PL, because on paper most of our players are young and inexperienced and our experienced players are past their best or just not very good.

Will be difficult to rate Villa's new signings. Absolute nightmare actually. Villa could possibly be the worst team in the PL, because on paper most of our players are young and inexperienced and our experienced players are past their best or just not very good.

Does Andy Clarke still hang out here? I worked as head researcher for Norway way back and we gave the teams an average CA roughly according to what was expected of them and I think that's still the case even though it's been a few years. It's going to be hard to predict where Villa will end this year though, and the new signings will be difficult to rate. Final deadline might still be 6-8 weeks away though

Players like Hutton, Dunne, Given and Warnock will probably have taken a knock in their abilities, while the guys on the fringe like Lichaj, Baker and Weimann should be of more use. I downloaded a transfer update recently and the fringe players along with Bennett, Lowton, Westwood and Bowery were very poor, the latter two not good enough for the championship. Vlaar, Benteke and El Ahmadi looked good. With established players researchers tend to leave their stats intact until the first data update (unless they sign for the big teams)

He created the topic!

How come our youth setup stats were so low andy? I only spotted it last week and I'm sure our intake is something like 13 and facilities are about 12, we aren't that bad, any idea on movers and shakers this year? Will be interesting to see how you see grealish, Carruthers and Gardner

13 and 12 aren't low, but I understand what you are saying. Those bits were done centrally and based on how many players we'd already produced and where they are now at CA wise, as good an academy as we have and as prolific as we have been producing players who have a professional career, we haven't produced many Premier League players and particularly top end players.

Does Andy Clarke still hang out here? I worked as head researcher for Norway way back and we gave the teams an average CA roughly according to what was expected of them and I think that's still the case even though it's been a few years. It's going to be hard to predict where Villa will end this year though, and the new signings will be difficult to rate. Final deadline might still be 6-8 weeks away though

Players like Hutton, Dunne, Given and Warnock will probably have taken a knock in their abilities, while the guys on the fringe like Lichaj, Baker and Weimann should be of more use. I downloaded a transfer update recently and the fringe players along with Bennett, Lowton, Westwood and Bowery were very poor, the latter two not good enough for the championship. Vlaar, Benteke and El Ahmadi looked good. With established players researchers tend to leave their stats intact until the first data update (unless they sign for the big teams)

CA is based on the previous seasons performances, not a prediction on what might happen this season. Players will have been rated by the researcher of the club the player was at prior to transfer and shouldn't really be changed until the new researcher has had a chance to make a fair estimation of his attributes.

With the likes of Bowery and Westwood I have no idea on strengths and weaknesses or how good they might be in future.

He created the topic!

Ahh, shame on me :nod:

It makes sense, Andy. Always felt you have done a fair job with Villa.

I'm curious though. Let's say Westwood comes on as a sub in a few games and gets 2-3 starts and does well before your deadline to submit data expires. What do you do then? Do you leave his stats as the Crewe research left it, or do you try to rate him yourself?

I can't remember his exact stats, but I think his starting CA was something like 70 on FM12, with a random potential that can make him into a Championship player or if lucky a decent squad player in the PL.

One could argue that if he adapts well to the premier league his starting CA should be much higher (100-120 perhaps).

Perhaps a better example is Lowton, who will play a lot more games. In FM12 he is at best a championship player with very limited potential for improvement (the researcher might have changed this during the last year of course).

It must be very hard to not get carried away when rating players for a team you support.

Â