Football Manager 2013

AndyClarke

Encountered a nasty little bug in my network game with a friend. Managed to get a very good deal for Hummels. They agreed the deal and all was fine. Transfer was going to happen at the start of the summer window.

Summer window comes and i get a message saying i didn't have the funds for the transfer. I check my balance and the £12m had already been taken and the £70k a week also taken. I was given the option to delay the transfer until the start of the transfer window on 1st June, thing is the window don't open until 1st July.

So i stall the transfer. 1st July comes and i get my budget for the season which is £20m and over £90k per week. So more than enough to get the deal done, but that really shouldn't have to be the case as i've already paid for the player. Anyway, i check the players page and it says player is still at Chelsea and "in talks with Atletico Madrid".

Not enjoying this years game. It's just bug after bug.

16ks84h.jpg

6sc9vk.jpg

25a5k6r.jpg

Update released yesterday. Likely to be the last match engine update for fm13. The previous version was perhaps the worst in years, but still.. when you grind out something that works and you build your team around it, it is frustrating to have to start from scratch again.

Hate this game. First season with Aston Villa, win the league cup and come 12th. Pretty decent I think. 2nd season starts off with a pretty bad run, and I get sacked after 2 months.

Shit is impossible.

Same shit with my Network game. Won the Champions League with Atletico Madrid. Next season after 18 games i was 17th. Changed the tactics and came 4th and won the Europa League.

i'm quite liking this game.

Started unemployed. Got the Swindon job after a couple of weeks, finished 3rd and missed out on promotion on goal difference. Then lost the play offs. Quit the job as they wouldn't give me any money.

Then took over Forest who were struggling, finished 7th in my first season with them. In my second season and i'm joint 2nd with 8 games to go. Getting them promoted this year. 

I started a save with Forest Green in Blue Square Premier. Enjoying the challenge a lot and Im making due adapting to the new ME, but the football is very frustrating to look at. Its like they let pacey players have to much freedom last time around so now they have gone and crippled them completely. 

FM takes ages to update the January signings. Not like FIFA when its instant.

That's because not all the leagues transfer windows are closed yet. Leagues like the Russian, Polish and Ukrainian leagues are still open for another 9-11 days.

That's because not all the leagues transfer windows are closed yet. Leagues like the Russian, Polish and Ukrainian leagues are still open for another 9-11 days.

True

Forget that, the main reason it takes longer is that every player, staff member and club is re evaluated based on the first half of the season.

True

Forget that, the main reason it takes longer is that every player, staff member and club is re evaluated based on the first half of the season.

Not good news for anyone thinking of starting a game as Villa

This is my version of Benteke, letting you into a bit of a secret, expect an inconsistent physical monster who will either reign the ball in with a flick and a trick or watch it bounce off him, who can ping it in the top corner from outside of the box but might not bother to make the obvious run to tap in a cross. He'll also finish beautifully on occasion, but miss a couple of sitters another day. Whatever happens, his physical prowess will see him create chances and score a fair few, but by no means the finished article

Edited by AndyClarke

This is my version of Benteke, letting you into a bit of a secret, expect an inconsistent physical monster who will either reign the ball in with a flick and a trick or watch it bounce off him, who can ping it in the top corner from outside of the box but might not bother to make the obvious run to tap in a cross. He'll also finish beautifully on occasion, but miss a couple of sitters another day. Whatever happens, his physical prowess will see him create chances and score a fair few, but by no means the finished article

Sounds realistic :)

Â