• Ireland
    • El Ahmadi
    • Bannan
    • Bent
    • Holman
    • Weimann
    • Agbonlahor (for Weimann 63)
    • N'Zogbia (for El Ahmadi 72)

Glad Guzan had a good game. He deserves a real shot considering how long he has been watching from the sidelines. Holman I thought was poor. He constantly kept turning the ball over and did nothing going forward. Lowton needs to learn to cross the ball. And finally, I think Bannan did well. He maintained possession a lot and rarely tried the "hollywood" ball he has been known for trying.

Like i have said, we need to stick with this team. The potential is definetly there. I can see us sooner or later absolutely slaughtering a team but then again there is probably another few hidings around the corner.

Was great to see us actually going for a win away from home and not backs to the wall. Especially with the midfield we had out at the end, looking forward for the new lads to come in to the frame and i think it is actually showing there is a lot of competition for places all around the pitch.

The manager isnt afraid to drop the players who dont perform. The foundations are there, now its time to build.

Much improved compared to last week. We are such a hardworking team now and our passing is improving. I was very impressed by Vlaar, Guzan, Lowton, KEA, Gabby, Holman and Bent. Ran their socks off today.

However, Probert was a joke. We somehow conceded 20 fouls compared to their 6. It was outrageous just how much favouritism he showed Newcastle when it came to 50/50 challenges. Their fans are laughable, spent the whole match moaning about every decision and had the nerve to call Guzan a cheat when he was clearly clipped on the head by Ba. Horrible bunch of cretins.

We certainly had enough chances to win the game today, I was secretly hoping for a draw and we got that. Credit to Lambert who got the selection and tactics right today. It's such a big deal having Gabby back in the side. Not to mention we've got most of our new signings to fit in. Very positive stuff guys. On the up I hope. UTV.

A totally different Villa side than from the opening two games.

Guzan is firmly the number one keeper now. Vlaar and Clark were very solid at the back. Holman isn't the best player but he just doesn't stop running (poor closing down in the goal though). Lowton looked good as well, got forward which he needs to do in this system.

Ireland had a few nice touches, should have scored but other than that he wasn't involved enough I think. Great assist by Bannan in the goal but once again he sometimes tends to over complicate things when a simple pass is on.

I hope El Ahmadi's injury isn't too serious because he's such an excellent player. Thought Lichaj was quite poor, looking forward to seeing Bennett at left back.

Anyway this game bodes well for the future and it will be even better when the new signings come in.

Good point.

Guzan - 8 - Was fantastic today. Came out and claimed the ball all game and the defense looked more comfortable because of it.

Lowton - 7 - Solid at the back and likes to get forward just lacks that final delivery.

Clark - 8 - Bit sloppy with the ball at his feet gave it away a few times but did well for his goal.

Vlaar - 7 - Won nearly everything that came his way, maybe takes one too many touches on the ball at times.

Lichaj - 6 - I thought he was the weakest of the defenders and Bannan tracking back a lot helped him out.

Bannan - 7 - Great cross for the goal and worked very hard.

El Ahmadi - 7 - Really like this player keeps the play ticking over nicely and closes down well.

Holman - 6 - A mixed bag poor ball play but a lot harassing and pressuring high up the pitch.

Ireland - 6 - Looked to me like the game sort of drifted past him the odd nice touch.

Weiman - 7 - Lots of running as you always expect and he held it up and linked well with Bent.

Bent - 7 - Seemed a lot more involved this week, appeared to me that he kept dropping deeper to get involved more than usual.

Better. Lots of work still to be done. If Guzan is in there over Given permanently it would be long overdue.

Ireland is still terrible. Gabby looked like our most dangerous player when he came on.

I'm chuffed with that point. Except for one wondergoal with a sloppy pressing from Holman newcastle didn't produce much. KEA was really good, tho I think he needs to gel more with Ireland. Bent and Weimann did really well, and linked up like they should. Bent won alot of headers, and if he was a bit fresher I think he would've netted one. MOTM KEA.

"I can't say that we deserved to win and you could argue that Villa did," Pardew explained. "We were a bit funny today, we lacked discipline and our set-plays were awful.

"It was a nightmare from a coaching point of view. We were better in the second half but they still had chances. Both managers probably walk away and think a point is fair but we won't come across many teams that will work as hard as Villa did."

Nice words from Pardew.

newcastle are a decent team so a point away from home is good. lots of positives to take away. very annoying that we were denied all 3 points by another wonder strike.

the key improvement was movement on and off the ball as a team. when we didn't have it someone pressured, and then someone else was close by to pick up the loose ball. when we did have it midfield got up in support of the forwards, fullbacks got up in support of the midfield etc. we didn't leave anyone isolated and that is how all the good teams play. we look much better technically, and the were some really nice moves which didn't quite come off (weimann's shot in the second half).

still areas to improve - i thought there were short periods where we lacked composure and we tend to try and force hopeless balls through from deep instead of working up the pitch. final ball was also poor a few times when we got in really good positions.

Looked like our unknown league 2 bargains have given our so called superstars a kick up the arse, great stuff, been ages since I've seen all 11 players put a shift like that in, great goal too

Cisse and Ba were marshals excellently, lichaj was superb defensively, vlaar is composed, Ireland looked interested, bent and weiman IMO works, gabby looked sharp for his 1st game, guzan was brilliant shirts his IMO

Negatives, bannan was very Hollywood in the 1st half, great cross though and it very much looked to me like he got told at half time to stop it which is good management, Holman for me has an amazing work rate and is very busy but his final ball isn't good enough hope it improves the cut back for bent on Tuesday suggests it can

what was refreshing was how much everyone wanted the ball, we always had an outlet, always had an option to pass to, very encouraging that we still have westwood to come in who i really rate, him alongside KEA with ireland or bannan pulling the strings, and we still have albrighton to come back to give us the width we so desperatly lack. Lowton looks a real find, once bennetts in at left back and the strength of benteke up front, we look capable of finishing between 10/15th.

Â