Why so difficult to get rid of players

DeepDish

actually....it is interesting how neither Hutton or warnock have complained about being made to train with the kids

It's either because they are keeping their heads below the parapet for now or, they genuinely don't give a shit.

It is clear that both were told they had no future at the club, it is also clear that they had no desire to reduce their wages in order to get a move to club that would pay them and play them. Money wins out every time with most modern footballers

Nobody wants them and we know why. Why should they give up lucrative contracts? They will go at some point I suppose if some club gets desperate but the future for Hutton I imagine would involve a massive pay cut and probably a move North of the border or to a mid table Championship team.

It is clear that both were told they had no future at the club, it is also clear that they had no desire to reduce their wages in order to get a move to club that would pay them and play them. Money wins out every time with most modern footballers

or maybe its clear they were so bad that no other team would try take them ;)

I sometimes wonder if we are creative enough with these players. If Warnock is on £40k, say, is it not better to have someone paying £10k-£15k of that £40k rather than having him train with our kids and we pay it all for zero benefit and some disruption. Ditto Hutton, although as his contract is longer it might make sense not to let him out so easily.

I thought we should have been talking with Swansea about Warnock, they need a Left back at the moment. Surely we could come to some sort of arrangement where we pay him off and make him a free agent. In turn Swansea then sign him, and make some type of creative payment to reimburse us at a later stage or in another way, to hide the transfer.

I sometimes wonder if we are creative enough with these players. If Warnock is on £40k, say, is it not better to have someone paying £10k-£15k of that £40k rather than having him train with our kids and we pay it all for zero benefit and some disruption. Ditto Hutton, although as his contract is longer it might make sense not to let him out so easily.
I agree with this very much. It's disappointing that Lambert has taken the same failed approach as Houllier did (consigning unwanted players to the reserves squad but not doing anything to shift them).

I agree with this very much. It's disappointing that Lambert has taken the same failed approach as Houllier did (consigning unwanted players to the reserves squad but not doing anything to shift them).
How do you know Lambert hasn't tried to shift them?

Not so sure it's a failed approach either. Both of them are shit and not good enough to be playing.

Do people think they'll never play for us again no matter how long they stay with us for?

Where do you think they would be in the pecking order in their natural positions if we got injuries? Because we still only have two other natural left backs (Bennett and Stevens) and two natural right backs (Lowton and Lichaj) or am I missing people?

We've then got Herd, Delph and Baker who've all been played as full-backs

Would you put Hutton and Warnock third in their respective positions or even behind the stand-ins?

I know Lambert has made it clear they're not part of his plans but we still have them so are still paying them.

I think his first priority in January will be to get rid of them. But, like others have said, no one seems to want them.

Although, a team could find themselves in a desperate position in January and take them on, even if it's for six months on loan.

I wonder if there'd be any sense in just paying off their contracts? That may be a fair whack with Hutton though.

If McLeish has a job in January, Hutton will go :D

Â