Villa Support. (A message from Belgium)

SempiternalVillain

Dear Villa fans,

It saddens me to see how much relegation-believers/pessimists are active on VT. It's time to get behind the team and give your full encouragement and support with all the doom and gloom lately it doesn't suprise me why Villa is underperforming and with this mentality still growing strong it'll be much harder to avoid relegation. For an example against Tranmere when N'Zog got boo'd I felt really embarrassed,hurt and ashamed. Make AVFC & me proud lads!

Have faith. Trust Lambert. Unify!

Much love.

This. Some of the negative and unfounded crap that gets posted on here disappoints me.

We all know the media scour these boards for leads on transfer rumours. If we are all bickering and ranting constantly, the press will pick up on it and report that the fans are either pissed off with the manager/owner or that our expectations are unrealistic.

Then, the articles printed by said rag top schnewspapers are linked and posted here for discussion, which in turn generates further bickering and ranting. It matters not if the fans in the stadium are 100% behind the team, the papers only want to report shock stories.

The rest is a self-perpetuating cycle. We rant, the papers rant about us, we rant about them, and it all gets out of hand...

What you have to understand is Villa supporters have had more false dawns than any other club I can think of - the likes of Atkinson, Gregory, Little, O'Neil all built teams that put villa on the edge of becoming great again - then we just never move and the whole thing falls apart. We are like a yo-yo club that doesn't get relegated.

Having got fairly close with O'Neil and his approach - it has made many distraught to see this approach abandoned - and a low budget team assembled.

My own take is that mess rs Houllier and Mcleish never really had a strategy - 2 those 2 years were wasted - our best players sold - and what budget we had with the exception of Darren Bent was largely squandered.

Now we have a new manager - and he's a complete rebel when it comes to building a team as per the rule book - Hunger and youth it seems hold much more sway then premiership experience. Of course youthful players cost less to buy and pay - this leads some supporters with some justification - to feel short changed - we are a big club - and not unreasonably they want to see big names. Sensibly can we get a level of performance from player costing £2.5m and earning £20k per week - when a fee of £8m and £50k a week is the norm ?

My own opinion is that the most important person at the club is the manager - and currently I beleive we have a very good manager - who can defy the super finances of so many clubs - lets hope so. However - people care, people worry and have different views about how to make us successful - when things don't go right on the field they are so much quicker to despair......

Lets just hope performances and results swing upwards over the coming week.......I am sure they will

I loved reading this, my only fault is who you said is the most important is wrong, imo. Randy Lerner is the most important person, he says how much we have to spend and basically buy. Obviously second is the Manager, imo.

We do have a good Manager, but there is a lot of pressure on him right now, if we lose v Newc tomorrow I can only imagine the pressure on these youngster will be immense...not good management nor good ownership.

Let's hope we stuff the black and white tomorrow and get moving as the great club we are.

Please.

(That please is in act of desperation by the way!)

UTV!

Dear Villa fans,

It saddens me to see how much relegation-believers/pessimists are active on VT. It's time to get behind the team and give your full encouragement and support with all the doom and gloom lately it doesn't suprise me why Villa is underperforming and with this mentality still growing strong it'll be much harder to avoid relegation. For an example against Tranmere when N'Zog got boo'd I felt really embarrassed,hurt and ashamed. Make AVFC & me proud lads!

Have faith. Trust Lambert. Unify!

Much love.

Hang on, aren't you the bloke who said our new star signing was rubbish? ;)

Unfortunatly true, but it doesn't mean that I won't give him a chance.

I hope he'll suprise me though. Go Villa, go Benteke. :)

Got to admit, I took my young lad to VP last Saturday and was completely embarrassed by the idiots in the Holte Lower. The swearing is to be expected and whilst I rather people realised that there are kids around I'm not naive enough to think that those kind of supporters would give a stuff about being an example, the thing that I was amazed at was the anti-Villa player stuff being shouted. Given was getting stick from 10 ft away - how the hell is this classed as support and almost certainly has a negative effect on his ability to play. And then some moron shouts 'Hey Barry, do you want to buy a Range Rover!' at BB as he was collecting the ball from in front of the hoardings. Sorry chaps, but that's idiotic, indefensible and the typifies some sections of the VP crowd.

You'll hate me for saying this but you just wouldn't hear that at the Hawthorns, and maybe that's why a team who on paper is considerably weaker than us are flying past us.

Yeah agree the moron count has gone up at games. I've noticed more and more pissed up people too, especially at away games, fans who go to get pissed rather than enjoy the game. Perhaps that's the effect of GED & Eck though, driving people to drink more ??

Got to admit, I took my young lad to VP last Saturday and was completely embarrassed by the idiots in the Holte Lower. The swearing is to be expected and whilst I rather people realised that there are kids around I'm not naive enough to think that those kind of supporters would give a stuff about being an example, the thing that I was amazed at was the anti-Villa player stuff being shouted. Given was getting stick from 10 ft away - how the hell is this classed as support and almost certainly has a negative effect on his ability to play. And then some moron shouts 'Hey Barry, do you want to buy a Range Rover!' at BB as he was collecting the ball from in front of the hoardings. Sorry chaps, but that's idiotic, indefensible and the typifies some sections of the VP crowd.

You'll hate me for saying this but you just wouldn't hear that at the Hawthorns, and maybe that's why a team who on paper is considerably weaker than us are flying past us.

Oh give me a break! You can't blame a group of moaning Villa fans for the baggies having a better team than us. What nonsense!

And if you think this sort of stuff doesn't go on at other clubs then you must have led a very sheltered life.

If you feel negative about the side, you feel negative. If you feel positive, you feel positive. Neither is necessarily good, nor is either necessarily bad.

People are allowed to feel as they do, and express those opinions as they feel fit - we don't need to chastise one leaning or the other, or feel embarrassment or disappointment in either. We are who we are.

It doesn't matter.

Things that strike me as odd at VP

1. the amount of swearing in chants

2. the amount of time spent saying we don't like the blues being more than the amount of time saying we do like villa.

3. comments like "we're a big club - the fans want to see big name players"

Away games - agree they do tend to attract the type who like to spend all day on the piss and then turn up at the match barely able to stand.

I think if we get back to playing decent , progressive football and start getting results, people will drink less pre-game as they'll want to enjoy the football and then have a beer up after. With GED & Eck it was all about numbing the pain and blocking out the horror of reality.

Â