Villa Support. (A message from Belgium)

SempiternalVillain

Dear Villa fans,

It saddens me to see how much relegation-believers/pessimists are active on VT. It's time to get behind the team and give your full encouragement and support with all the doom and gloom lately it doesn't suprise me why Villa is underperforming and with this mentality still growing strong it'll be much harder to avoid relegation. For an example against Tranmere when N'Zog got boo'd I felt really embarrassed,hurt and ashamed. Make AVFC & me proud lads!

Have faith. Trust Lambert. Unify!

Much love.

Im a bit funny with the NZog booing thing. (or any player that is).

I wouldnt have done it, and it definately wont help. But I have zero sympathy for him.

Football clubs charge an absolute fortune to go and watch a game. £20 to go and see us at home to Tranmere?

And then we get some numpty, on 60k a week or whatever telling us how good he is and what hes going to do. And in actual fact, hes done nothing since he signed but take the piss to be quite honest.

Time to buck your ideas up lad.

Got to admit, I took my young lad to VP last Saturday and was completely embarrassed by the idiots in the Holte Lower. The swearing is to be expected and whilst I rather people realised that there are kids around I'm not naive enough to think that those kind of supporters would give a stuff about being an example, the thing that I was amazed at was the anti-Villa player stuff being shouted. Given was getting stick from 10 ft away - how the hell is this classed as support and almost certainly has a negative effect on his ability to play. And then some moron shouts 'Hey Barry, do you want to buy a Range Rover!' at BB as he was collecting the ball from in front of the hoardings. Sorry chaps, but that's idiotic, indefensible and the typifies some sections of the VP crowd.

You'll hate me for saying this but you just wouldn't hear that at the Hawthorns, and maybe that's why a team who on paper is considerably weaker than us are flying past us.

Ridiculous statement in the last sentence, a bit idiotic from yourself. I totally agree with your opinion of some of the fan's but you do get this at most club's when fan's aren't happy. As for The Baggies doing better than us because of the fan's - your off your head! They are doing better because their last couple of managers have strengthened the playing squad and got them playing good football, not because their fan's are better behaved. I know many lads who follow WB and believe me if the expectancy level there was the same as here you would see the same behaviour.

Got to admit, I took my young lad to VP last Saturday and was completely embarrassed by the idiots in the Holte Lower. The swearing is to be expected and whilst I rather people realised that there are kids around I'm not naive enough to think that those kind of supporters would give a stuff about being an example, the thing that I was amazed at was the anti-Villa player stuff being shouted. Given was getting stick from 10 ft away - how the hell is this classed as support and almost certainly has a negative effect on his ability to play. And then some moron shouts 'Hey Barry, do you want to buy a Range Rover!' at BB as he was collecting the ball from in front of the hoardings. Sorry chaps, but that's idiotic, indefensible and the typifies some sections of the VP crowd.

You'll hate me for saying this but you just wouldn't hear that at the Hawthorns, and maybe that's why a team who on paper is considerably weaker than us are flying past us.

Ridiculous statement in the last sentence, a bit idiotic from yourself. I totally agree with your opinion of some of the fan's but you do get this at most club's when fan's aren't happy. As for The Baggies doing better than us because of the fan's - your off your head! They are doing better because their last couple of managers have strengthened the playing squad and got them playing good football, not because their fan's are better behaved. I know many lads who follow WB and believe me if the expectancy level there was the same as here you would see the same behaviour.

You, and others have missed the point. I stand by the fact that Villa fans are seen as particularly fickle and negative - I don't like that, I'm just restating the opinions of many other football fans and a seemingly universal opinion in the press and other media. Why is that? And it's my opinion is because it's true (a minority without doubt but a bigger minority than most).

I watch lots of other games, as I live away from Brum these days, and to bloke who said I 'must have led a sheltered life', it's you that needs to get out more, I've never heard the bitter, personal remarks shouted with the deliberate intention of OUR OWN players hearing, at any other ground than VP. It pisses me off and that's why I posted about it. Sorry if you disagree.

I think the constant negativity & booing thing is a sign of difficiences in our culture. The work i do covers a lot of research in this area actually & it is a fact that peoples brains are actually altering due to the internet & gaming culture. Many severely lack people skills as quite simply they do not do anything except sit on the PC or play games on the playstation, xbox etc so the basic way in which our brains are wired is actually altering according to latest university studies.

People are mimicking the behavioral pattern they have created by spending so much time on mobile phones, texting, playing games & surfing the internet generally. This has caused people to be ridiculously impatient & in some cases shockingly ignorant & petulant. If you get bored with a game what do you do?...Say it's rubbish & get a new one? Throw it away? flog it or exchange it maybe?.. This creates a type of behavior by programming the brain to act that way in everyday life.. Scary stuff!

Many drag this unrealistically impatient & dismissive behavior into real life...Well sorry but it just doesn't work in the real World.

Then couple that with the lack of people skills caused by simply not spending enough time learning these skills due to spending hour after hour & day after day in an imaginary World over which you have complete control & you suddenly see why we get the childish booing when a real game of football is maybe not going to plan...

This is of course widespread not just with our fans.

No, it got worse and worse again under Eck.

People were having 7 or 8 pints pre game rather than 2 or 3

Congratulations, on posting the most utterly bizarre comment I have ever read on this site. :lol: :?

How on EARTH would you know such a thing? It's past my comprehension that another human being would actually type the above and then press 'submit'.

People have always got pissed at away games, and always will. It is part of the reason why our support away from home is so good/vocal.

Spurs fans and Liverpool fans have booed their teams off recently, it happens all over the land. Our set of fans are no differently behaved than any other set.

When times are bad the negatives are amplified as it when we are winning too

I was in the North Lower on Saturday and the abuse the players got, particularly Given was nothing short of a disgrace.

I pay my money to watch football, not listen to some cretin and his mates with a four word vocabulary, all swear words abuse the team he has likely spunked 20 quid to support.

Patience is the key now. I dont know which way it will go, but Lambert was the man most wanted. Time to back him.

I was too mate and I heard the same people abusing Given, a few of them had Rangers/Villa badges on though so maybe it was because of his Celtic connections, still ridiculous all the same. I thought it was harsh to drop Given yesterday but credit to Guzan he was superb, it's nice to think we have two really good goalkeepers at the club. Our home support at times I think is too quick to moan and get on the players backs if a pass doesn't quite come off IMO but our away support is among the best I've seen.

I think the constant negativity & booing thing is a sign of difficiences in our culture. The work i do covers a lot of research in this area actually & it is a fact that peoples brains are actually altering due to the internet & gaming culture. Many severely lack people skills as quite simply they do not do anything except sit on the PC or play games on the playstation, xbox etc so the basic way in which our brains are wired is actually altering according to latest university studies.

People are mimicking the behavioral pattern they have created by spending so much time on mobile phones, texting, playing games & surfing the internet generally. This has caused people to be ridiculously impatient & in some cases shockingly ignorant & petulant. If you get bored with a game what do you do?...Say it's rubbish & get a new one? Throw it away? flog it or exchange it maybe?.. This creates a type of behavior by programming the brain to act that way in everyday life.. Scary stuff!

Many drag this unrealistically impatient & dismissive behavior into real life...Well sorry but it just doesn't work in the real World.

Then couple that with the lack of people skills caused by simply not spending enough time learning these skills due to spending hour after hour & day after day in an imaginary World over which you have complete control & you suddenly see why we get the childish booing when a real game of football is maybe not going to plan...

This is of course widespread not just with our fans.

Interesting stuff :D

Â