Weeknds football 31 Aug/2 Sep

andykeenan

Not sure why liverpool let andy carroll go tbh.

Rodgers said after the game today that they let Carroll go because he thought that Dempsey was coming in. Seems odd that Liverpool **** that one up, they obviously got burned when they paid £70m+ for Carroll, Downing & Henderson but to let Dempsey go for the sake of some Doug Ellis style penny pinching is bizarre.

Rodgers said after the game today that they let Carroll go because he thought that Dempsey was coming in. Seems odd that Liverpool **** that one up, they obviously got burned when they paid £70m+ for Carroll, Downing & Henderson but to let Dempsey go for the sake of some Doug Ellis style penny pinching is bizarre.

I bet rodgers is regretting taking the Liverpool job, Should have gone for the spurs job instead.

Giroud is good looking for chances and running/moving but his finishing is pretty gash.

yeah this for me, his movement is good, his work rate is good, his finishing is shit

was also surprised by podolski's work rate today, tracked johnson and defended well

I think most strikers would have given up on it because the ball in was overhit. Cisse has to be brimming with confidence at the moment to even attempt it, but I guess he has every reason to be confident when you consider the year he has had. I think that is all he could do too as it was far too high for him to trap the ball first before shooting.

Ridiculous goal. Much as it pains me to say it, since I'd like to see Newcastle crash and burn a little, but I hope Cisse manages to build on last season because he's clearly got talent and seems to have a knack for scoring fantastically entertaining goals.

Â