Jump to content

Recommended Posts

25 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

As KHV said previously, you don't deserve to set foot in Villa Park ever again if you boo a player if he hasn't done anything against the club, other than poor performances. He isn't the first to perform badly and won't be the last. Some bits are just staggering. "He deserves to be booed" "Westwood apologists" "He's a nobody" 

Honestly the most pathetic post I've read on this site. It reads as total rabid hate of one of our players.

 

25 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

As KHV said previously, you don't deserve to set foot in Villa Park ever again if you boo a player if he hasn't done anything against the club, other than poor performances. 

Poor performances don't Warrant booing? What can fans do to show their discontent. We're you horrified by the 'sacked in the morning' chants aimed at RDM by our away fans. He did nothing but perform poorly.

As for saying people don't deserve to step foot in villa park.... seriously, wtf are you on about?

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • VT Supporter
Just now, Woodytom said:

Poor performances don't Warrant booing? What can fans do to show their discontent. 

As for saying people don't deserve to step foot in villa park.... seriously, wtf are you on about?

Players don't deserve to be booed onto the pitch. Ever. Especially considering the only crime Westwood is guilty of is not playing well enough. If you boo a player ONTO the pitch for that reason, you simply shouldn't come to Villa Park. You're not a fan.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, StefanAVFC said:

Players don't deserve to be booed onto the pitch. Ever. Especially considering the only crime Westwood is guilty of is not playing well enough. If you boo a player ONTO the pitch for that reason, you simply shouldn't come to Villa Park. You're not a fan.

We're you bothered about the chants towards RDM. Yes or no?

Should the people who sang those chants be allowed in villa park?

Why do you avoid the questions that derive from your drivel?

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Playing with 10 men when he's on the pitch and has been that way for the best part of the last 5 years. Nothing but pass the ball sideways. Run away from the play. Doesn't mark his man just lets them run away from him and points for someone else to chase them. No coincidence we've won since Bruce dropped him.

I can understand the booing. So many managers have continued to pick him how else are the fans supposed to get their point across. He is not good enough. At the same time I do have sympathy for him it can't be pleasant knowing your so unpopular. He doesn't seem like a bad guy he is just not very good at football. Would be best for everyone if he left in January but I can't see why anyone would buy him. Especially on PL wages.

As for the guy quoting Sherwood, Lambert and Adrian Durham. Those are two of the least successful managers in Villa history both of whom loved Westwood and were subsequently sacked for their poor results (which Westwood played a part in). The other is a journalist with no more insight than the average fan who is no doubt basing his opinions on hearsay and a limited number of Villa games he's actually watched. I would certainly trust my own eyes as well as the opinions of other Villa fans who watch our games week in week out ahead of Adrian Durham.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • VT Supporter
Just now, Woodytom said:

We're you bothered about the chants towards RDM. Yes or no?

Should the people who sang those chants be allowed in villa park?

Why do you avoid the questions that derive from your drivel?

You're doing the same thing as the Adomah thread. Total false equivalence.

They're not the same thing. You know that.

But I'll pander to you.

If RDM was booed when he walked into the stadium, I'd question those people. That would be totally out of order.

Just like booing Westwood onto the pitch is disgraceful.

Not hard to grasp.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, StefanAVFC said:

You're doing the same thing as the Adomah thread. Total false equivalence.

They're not the same thing. You know that.

But I'll pander to you.

If RDM was booed when he walked into the stadium, I'd question those people. That would be totally out of order.

Just like booing Westwood onto the pitch is disgraceful.

Not hard to grasp.

Not different things at all. Both were jeers aimed at people associated with the club performing poorly. One you disliked and one you like. You didn't have an issue with the boos/chants aimed at RDM. You have an issue with the ones aimed at Westwood. Totally contradictory.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, StefanAVFC said:

You're drawing false equivalence between the two. Even when very clearly explained to you.

Absolutely pointless conversation.

No, you're stating their false equivalence when they're not. You've given absolutely no reason as to why they are false equivalence.

Ones a manager, ones a player. Both associated to villa and both no doubt unmotivated by jeers. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • VT Supporter
2 minutes ago, Woodytom said:

No, you're stating their false equivalence when they're not. You've given absolutely no reason as to why they are false equivalence.

Aside from the fact that I did? I'll link it for you so you don't miss it again.

9 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

You're doing the same thing as the Adomah thread. Total false equivalence.

They're not the same thing. You know that.

But I'll pander to you.

If RDM was booed when he walked into the stadium, I'd question those people. That would be totally out of order.

Just like booing Westwood onto the pitch is disgraceful.

Not hard to grasp.

Clearly talking about a player being booed onto the field. I'd condemn fans booing RDM into the stadium in exactly the same way. Regardless of my opinion on him. I've very clearly explained this too.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

As KHV said previously, you don't deserve to set foot in Villa Park ever again if you boo a player if he hasn't done anything against the club, other than poor performances.

Why are you suddenly making out that you were only referring to when Westwood came onto the pitch?

14 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

You're doing the same thing as the Adomah thread. Total false equivalence.

They're not the same thing. You know that.

But I'll pander to you.

If RDM was booed when he walked into the stadium, I'd question those people. That would be totally out of order.

Just like booing Westwood onto the pitch is disgraceful.

Not hard to grasp.

So. Let's leave the coming onto the pitch behind. You're clearly unhappy with people booing Westwood full stop. Why didn't you voice discontent when people booed RDM?

In fact, where on earth did singling out the situation of them coming onto the pitch come from?

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Fwiw, I don't boo. I don't go at all so I can't boo. But I wouldn't. 

But to call players our OWN. Nah not for me. Football is no longer 'the peoples game'. There's very little togetherness.

Not Ashley Westwood's fault. It's a sport of mercenaries. I have no time for them, they are a huge part of the problems within the game, and in the grand scheme of things..... asides from performing for villa, I don't give two shits about them as ppl.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • VT Supporter
1 hour ago, Villaphan04 said:

booing our players is detrimental to our team.

 

Saved me some typing, this is spot on. Singling a player out for booing is just crazy, how on earth can it help Aston Villa FC?

Edited by NeilS
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, NeilS said:

Saved me some typing, this is spot on. Singling a player out for booing is just crazy, how on earth can it help Aston Villa FC?

How can booing the manager help AVFC?

Nobody ever has an issue with this. Why?

The players are protected so much, it's cringe worthy. 

Listening to drive time last night. According to Darren Gough, it's Aston villa and west brom's fault that gabby and berahino aren't in shape.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • blandy locked and unlocked this topic
  • blandy locked this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of use Terms of Use, Cookies We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Â