Ashley Westwood

Nabby

He's had more good half seasons than full seasons...first season he came to the fore like so many around February when we started playing well. I'm struggling to think of a good run during 13/14.

His finest time here was under Sherwood and with D*lph and Cleverley either side of him...the Liverpool semi final was his best performance for the club by a distance.

Then they left....he needs pace and mobility otherwise he gets badly exposed.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, StefanAVFC said:

Don't think it would be a huge mistake to let him go, but we're light on depth in CM.

Need 2 more before selling him IMO.

This is where I am, I would have Tshibola & Jedinak with Westwood as a sub.

To properly sum up my feelings around AW I have had to try and imagine what it feels like to be a fan of another club.  I then try and finish the following sentence:

"Oh no, Ashley Westwood is playing for Villa today, that will hurt us because..."

The only answer I can come up with is:

"they will have to play 2 other people in midfield which may congest the middle of the pitch"

I would be very interested if any of you can do any better? 

• Like 2

The way in which this club has been ran is a joke. 

We have had Westwood in the starting line up for four years!!

He is now 26 and probably going to be playing his best football yet. So we sell him to buy a 31 year old. 

Im not saying that Westwood is fantastic. I could have told you that four years ago.

Also we keep buying West Brom rejects. Lestcott now Chester. 

Also 12 million for McCormack 

What the hell is going on?

3 minutes ago, Danishlad said:

He is now 26 and probably going to be playing his best football yet. So we sell him to buy a 31 year old. 

Im not saying that Westwood is fantastic. I could have told you that four years ago.

A few things.

- Nothing remotely concrete suggests we are selling Westwood to buy Jedinak.
- We need another midfielder regardless of Westwood leaving
- We are in the Championship and we have a bought a striker who has been the best player in the championship for the last few years and a defender who, when he was in the championship, was one of the best defenders.
- Football inflation.
- Westwood is in fact shit.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, omariqy said:

A few things.

- Nothing remotely concrete suggests we are selling Westwood to buy Jedinak.
- We need another midfielder regardless of Westwood leaving
- We are in the Championship and we have a bought a striker who has been the best player in the championship for the last few years and a defender who, when he was in the championship, was one of the best defenders.
- Football inflation.
- Westwood is in fact shit.

I am so embarressed by the club. Since when do we buy WBA rejects.

1 minute ago, Danishlad said:

I'm afraid we are now in the championship so a squad player in a PL lower mid table side will probably do a steady job for us.

2 minutes ago, Danishlad said:

West Brom are a Premier League side. Chester was a big part of Hull getting promoted (and keeping them in the Premier League) and had a good Euros. What's the issue?

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Danishlad said:

The issue being we are buying West Brom rejects. Lestcott now Chester. This is embarrassing. Why isn't it an issue for you?

Would you be embarrassed if we signed Berahino? 

24 minutes ago, Danishlad said:

The issue being we are buying West Brom rejects. Lestcott now Chester. This is embarrassing. Why isn't it an issue for you?

Because West Brom are a Premier League club. The only embarrassing thing here is your narrow minded stance.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Danishlad said:

Since we wanted the player and made an offer that was acceptable.  We are no longer a premier league side and have just bought a defender who played in one of the best teams of Euro 16 and got to the semi finals.  He is a current international and I dont care what you say he is better then the defenders we have at the club bar elphick .

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Danishlad said:

what appears to have gone on imo is this:
Starts well with a passionate statement no-one would argue with on line 1. Then backs that up with a solid second line many people on here would agree deserves the exclamation marks. Line 3 seems to start falling apart by contradicting the first 2 lines then quotes Jedinaks age as lower than it is (32btw). Line 4 gets back on track well with your opening statement. Then unfortunately it crumbles on lines 5 and 6 almost as much as we did second half against Luton into farce. Line 7 is good though. sums it all up perfectly.

@Danishlad Why do people keep thinking we have a buy to sell policy ? Westwood is about as useful as  smog.  Chester is a good player , so much better than Richards & Okore on his showing on Wednesday night . McCormac has been the best striker in the championship for more than one season. Who would you rather have in his place ? Gabby or Gested ??

• Like 1