Ashley Westwood

Nabby

Hasnt let us down, but really doesnt improve us. To me offers nothing to the club we should be, and really dont know when you would choose to start him or in what situation you would bring him on as a sub. Like a gareth barry without any positives. Desperate times need desperate measures and i think he needs to go out with the sweep of the RDM broom

Don't want him to be sold.  Had 2 good seasons when he came here and can no doubt get back playing to that level once our squad improves.  He's always been tasked with having too much to do and shouldn't be our main defensive midfielder. I'd like to see him play alongside a player like Jedinak as I reckon he'd thrive. 

• Like 1

Never saw anything in this guy, always hoped he would add more and I was trying to be a big fan especially because he does seem like a good guy but offers us nothing at Premiership level and cant imagine much at this level

6 hours ago, Bunnski said:

Don't want him to be sold.  Had 2 good seasons when he came here and can no doubt get back playing to that level once our squad improves.  He's always been tasked with having too much to do and shouldn't be our main defensive midfielder. I'd like to see him play alongside a player like Jedinak as I reckon he'd thrive. 

When did these two good seasons take place?

• Like 1

Backward step to sell Westwood unless we have a plan to bring in more than just Jedinak at CM.  As things stand if you had to choose a partner for Jedinak from Westwood, Tschibola and Gardner, Westwood would be my choice. Tschibola might become a better option but from what I've seen so far he is one for the future.  Let Gardner go if anyone

4 minutes ago, VillaCas said:

Backward step to sell Westwood unless we have a plan to bring in more than just Jedinak at CM.  As things stand if you had to choose a partner for Jedinak from Westwood, Tschibola and Gardner, Westwood would be my choice. Tschibola might become a better option but from what I've seen so far he is one for the future.  Let Gardner go if anyone

Don't let anyone go if all we have are 4 cm options including Jedinak who is not even here. Although we have Lyden (young and unproven) and Veretout (looks like he is off).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, VillaCas said:

We will sign two surely.

Jedinak + Ravel and things look better although I agree we are still pretty light in that area for a 50 game season considering Veretout will probably go somewhere in next few weeks.

He probably would do ok in the championship but the guy has been poor for us for a long time and a big part of the problem. I rated him after his first full season but he hasn't progressed. He is a good passer but poor defensively, lacks stamina, no presence and hides in matches.

• Like 2

Wesywood out Jedinak in = Huge improvement for me.  We should be improving our team in all areas and this would be an improvement

Guzan out Gollini in = Improvement

Clark out Elphick in = Improvement

Mccormack in = Improvement

• Like 2

Don't think we should be selling midfielders (unless they're called Bacuna, not sure he counts though), we literally have like 3...much less our best one. Still think he'd be an asset at this level for sure. We shouldn't be selling assets, just adding to them.

1 hour ago, Richard said:

Wesywood out Jedinak in = Huge improvement for me.  We should be improving our team in all areas and this would be an improvement

Guzan out Gollini in = Improvement

Clark out Elphick in = Improvement

Mccormack in = Improvement

Jedinak is an improvement i agree, but while we're so short on numbers in cm, selling westwood would be a huge mistake imo. 

I still think westwood will do well in this league...it is still very early days.

• Like 1