Ashley Westwood

Nabby

I genuinely could go all Con>Bannan on Westwood.

I won't.

But I do think Westwood has huge potential. Three years ago he was playing in league two, if he was now at Spurs we'd be very jealous. He's so good on the ball it makes my nipples tingle.

• Like 2

Why would we sell him? He won't lose his place to Sanchez I bet. He's playing too well.

We shouldn't even think about selling him.

The place is his for now but I see Sanchez coming in soon.

I'm not a fan of it but could see the diamond formation being used.

Why would we sell him? He won't lose his place to Sanchez I bet. He's playing too well.

We shouldn't even think about selling him.

The place is his for now but I see Sanchez coming in soon.

I'm not a fan of it but could see the diamond formation being used.

Like most, I was disappointed with Westwoods form last season.

He seems to have started this campaign very, very strongly, whether this is because we've signed & been linked with better quality midfielders than in the past 2 seasons, I don't know.

As we speak, it is Westwoods place to lose at present. With Delph almost nailed on to start when available, there is going to be a hell of a scrap for midfield starting places.

Like most, I was disappointed with Westwoods form last season.

He seems to have started this campaign very, very strongly, whether this is because we've signed & been linked with better quality midfielders than in the past 2 seasons, I don't know.

As we speak, it is Westwoods place to lose at present. With Delph almost nailed on to start when available, there is going to be a hell of a scrap for midfield starting places.

After a decent first season I was disappointed with him for the first couple of months of last season but despite results especially towards the end of the season, I think he's been continually improving since then.

I've said it before but I think we really need to give him a good few months of this season to see what else he has got. Sanchez or Cleverley or both means his role potentially will have changed and will determine whether he is a decent squad player or an international midfielder.

It is hard to perform when a team in doing so bad as we were in the run in last season. With stronger defence behind him. Added vocal and organising support from Senderos. Combined with better midfield with addition of Cleverly he will now improve imo.

Think of passing options. He has attacking fullbacks now of a good Premiership standard. Plus two talented midfield partners. His job to offload will become much easier and mean his focus of covering defensive gaps will improve.

He's also got Roy Keane to give him advice.

• Like 1