Ashley Westwood

Nabby

Been asked in a few other threads but I'll ask again. Why 'on paper' are Sanchez and Cleverley better than Westwood?

Because they are new and exciting.  personally i think there's room in our midfield formation for all three of them

• Like 1

Been asked in a few other threads but I'll ask again. Why 'on paper' are Sanchez and Cleverley better than Westwood?

Because they are new and exciting.  personally i think there's room in our midfield formation for all three of them

I've seen Cleverley play much, much better than Westwood.  Now, I accept that may be because he was surrounded by better players, but I also think the reason that he was at Manchester United in the first place and played a big part in their success for a time is that he's a very good player.  As I said before though, it's up to him, and the rest of the midfield including Westwood, to prove that they're better than everybody else and deserve to stay in the team.  It's not a bad position for us to be in.

Its funny isn't it, all these professionals and ex-professionals, pundits and commentators all seem to think he's pretty good

Then there's a section of keyboard warrior fans who think otherwise

It's hard to know where to start with just how utterly moronic that comment is.

So people aren't allowed an opinion unless they're a professional, ex-professional, pundit or commentator? Who are all of these people who all reckon he's pretty good anyway?

And the keyboard warrior fans, are they the same ones who said that Alan Hutton deserved a chance over the last two years? In contradiction to the professional club owner and manager who bombed him out unfairly as it happens?

Bore off Risso, where have I said people aren't entitled to an opinion?

I've merely said that within the realms of people associated with the game he's viewed as being a good player whilst a section of villa fans think otherwise.

Kind of like investing more faith in the film reviews of a 45 year old unemployed nerd over Martin scorsese

So you actually don't get it at all. Take Tonev, Lambert thought he'd be a success in the Premier League; anybody with half a brain could see he was dire. The end result, off he goes after one failed season.

Oh right, sorry yes with that one example you have proved yourself to be correct absolute.

There are no absolutes, that's the point you seem to be having trouble grasping. In your world, the fact that some unnamed pundits, commentators and players think that Westwood is very good means that he is, whereas any fan who doesn't is a "keyboard warrior".

Its funny isn't it, all these professionals and ex-professionals, pundits and commentators all seem to think he's pretty good

Then there's a section of keyboard warrior fans who think otherwise

It's hard to know where to start with just how utterly moronic that comment is.

So people aren't allowed an opinion unless they're a professional, ex-professional, pundit or commentator? Who are all of these people who all reckon he's pretty good anyway?

And the keyboard warrior fans, are they the same ones who said that Alan Hutton deserved a chance over the last two years? In contradiction to the professional club owner and manager who bombed him out unfairly as it happens?

Bore off Risso, where have I said people aren't entitled to an opinion?

I've merely said that within the realms of people associated with the game he's viewed as being a good player whilst a section of villa fans think otherwise.

Kind of like investing more faith in the film reviews of a 45 year old unemployed nerd over Martin scorsese

So you actually don't get it at all. Take Tonev, Lambert thought he'd be a success in the Premier League; anybody with half a brain could see he was dire. The end result, off he goes after one failed season.

Oh right, sorry yes with that one example you have proved yourself to be correct absolute.

Yes a manager purchases a player who he thinks will be a success. :wacko:

I'd be surprised if we got that much for him.

Around £4 million would be my guess. Couldn't see many top half teams going for him.

Jake Livermore cost Hull £8million amd yet you think Westwood would only fetch half of that? Bizarre
  • Like 4

Around £4 million would be my guess. Couldn't see many top half teams going for him.

Jake Livermore cost Hull £8million amd yet you think Westwood would only fetch half of that? Bizarre

Unfortunately though we aren't quite as good as Spurs at selling players.

• Like 1

Only bizarre if you've decided Jake Livermore to hull is the benchmark to judge all transfers. I find that to be quite bizarre.

• Like 2

Only bizarre if you've decided Jake Livermore to hull is the benchmark to judge all transfers. I find that to be quite bizarre.
Fair point but I'm using young English players who are the same age. Therefore a comparison can be made surely?

Depends.

If we're flogging him, then the £4m estimate isn't a bad shout.

If we want to hold onto him and he's got a reasonable amount left on his contract, then I see no reason why we shouldn't be demanding £8m odd for him.