Ashley Westwood

Nabby

17 minutes ago, Grasshopper said:

Overall, fine.  But coming to that conclusion about today's game having not even seen it?  **** hilarious.

@bobzy

you conveniently

left the above out

Do I have to see the game to comment on peoples comment whilst having 4 years of experience watching Westwood

Obviously you are reading what you want into what I posted instead of understanding the post

Besides

If you were there you would have seen the team (apparently) go to shit in the second half.

So tell us if AW stood up to be counted or not please

if not, comment elsewhere

I didn't watch the game so I evidently cannot comment on how any player performed (and I haven't done).

Apparently, you've decided Ashley Westwood when to "shit" in the second half despite having not watched the game either!

Pathetic.

1 hour ago, bobzy said:

I didn't watch the game so I evidently cannot comment on how any player performed (and I haven't done).

Apparently, you've decided Ashley Westwood when to "shit" in the second half despite having not watched the game either!

Pathetic.

you just dont get it

7 hours ago, DCJonah said:

It's a ridiculous rant but he's clearly jumping to Westwoods defence in it.

I disagree,

but regardless, I'd again say I wonder why you're not posting similar in the Gabby thread where basically exactly the same conversation is going on (although minus the bizarre rant from gharperr)

8 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

I disagree,

but regardless, I'd again say I wonder why you're not posting similar in the Gabby thread where basically exactly the same conversation is going on (although minus the bizarre rant from gharperr)

Because it's not the same. 

People genuinely criticised Gabby after the game and people defended him 

No one criticised Westwood straight after the game, in fact he was praised. And yet a defence of him was launched. 

So why would I question that in the Gabby thread? It's obvious. 

56 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Because it's not the same. 

People genuinely criticised Gabby after the game and people defended him 

No one criticised Westwood straight after the game, in fact he was praised. And yet a defence of him was launched. 

So why would I question that in the Gabby thread? It's obvious. 

Fair enough.

You seem to have a problem with ONE defensive post of Westwood and one bizarre rant about stats that happens to be in the Westwood thread. I think you've overreacted a bit but each to their own.

• Like 1

Of all the players that have ever played for Villa, I don't think a player has inflamed passions as much as Westwood has. As I've said before, I don't think he's that good a player at all but the level of hatred he gets is totally disproportionate.

Maybe it's something to do with the position he plays? Petrov played in a similar position and he used to get a ton of abuse, and he was a lot better than Westwood ever has been.

Edited by Mantis
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Mantis said:

Of all the players that have ever played for Villa, I don't think a player has inflamed passions as much as Westwood has. As I've said before, I don't think he's that good a player at all but the level of hatred he gets is totally disproportionate.

Maybe it's something to do with the position he plays? Petrov played in a similar position and he used to get a ton of abuse, and he was a lot better than Westwood ever has been.

I think it's hugely about the position he plays, and the fact that we've been terrible in that position for years and he's been ever present in it for years.

I think people are just a bit sick of seeing him play and having no effect on the game. Saturday was the same for me. Sprayed the ball about once or twice which is more than he usually does, but he still didn't really do anything other than try hard. 

Trying hard is fair enough, but when trying hard isn't good enough (and hasn't been for the past 4 years) it's time for a change. It's not Westwood's fault and it's nothing against him personally, I quite like the chap really. Just getting tired of watching him play though. 

Edited by PieFacE

5 minutes ago, Mantis said:

I think it is at least partly because he's been a mainstay during our worst period as a club in recent times.

5 years of mostly terrible football and results. He's no more to blame than other players for this, but he's been here for the entire period.

Just like Gabby and Hutton. Not much love shown for these 2 either.

It's accumulated frustration.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, darrenm said:

We should be able to filter out posts by regular expression. So I can not see any post which includes the term 'he's shit' because any opinion delivered using terminology like that rather than a coherent argument isn't worth my time reading.

What a shit post. 

:trollface:

23 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Fair enough.

You seem to have a problem with ONE defensive post of Westwood and one bizarre rant about stats that happens to be in the Westwood thread. I think you've overreacted a bit but each to their own.

That's not a surprise. 

I asked a question based on those posts. Hardly an overreaction. It was a question.