Ashley Westwood

Nabby

and i think those of you who think we wont see much of him this season are in for a shock...

How many players have gone from league 1 to premiership football and hit the ground running?

If we're doing well and he's a regular in the team this season I'll be amazed.

You asked this same question yesterday in the speculation thread and had multiple responses, or have you conveniently forgotten???

**** wind up merchant

No I have forgotten.

It was players like Walcott, Ashley young and Phil Jageilka. I didn't see many actual players from league 1 to prem who performed well straight away.

Wind up merchant?

Yes, wind up merchant, I'm not sure of the official meaning but understand it to be something like the following:

Someone who says and does things without reasoned thought and with the

express purpose of invoking a response in those around them

You had multiple examples given to you last night, I'm not going to validate your bullshit any further by bothering to type them out for you again, you'll only move on to another thread, strike up a similar 'debate' and ask the same question again I have no doubt.

And no, as my other post clearly stated I do not agree with you that Ashley Westwood has been bought for the future.

Given that he's 22 when do you think he should get a crack at the first team? Maybe when he's 26 or something?!?!

Planet and different springs to mind......

You had multiple examples given to you last night, I'm not going to validate your bullshit any further by bothering to type them out for you again, you'll only move on to another thread, strike up a similar 'debate' and ask the same question again I have no doubt.

And as I said most of them were incorrect. I think pilkington was one proper example.

I'm a wind up merchant because I don't accept incorrect information given me? Yeah nice one.

And if Westwood plays plenty of games and is a success this season I'll happily let you know how wrong I was. But I can't see it.

I'm a wind up merchant

Regarding your comparison with Delph:

Westwood's played 123 games and he's 22.

Delph had played 46 games and was 19 when we signed him. They are at totally different stages in their careers.

MON bought Delph. Lambert bought Westwood. And Lambert has a better record with these things than MON. Haven't you been moaning on VillaTalk for a couple of days straight now? I think you might be addicted to arguing with people on message boards.

Isn't it time just to relax and wait and see what happens?

People are a little unfair on Delph IMO. he looked quite a player before his injury - held possession well, played lovely, incisive FORWARD passes, but just had a bit of a dodgy tackling technique.

Post-injury he just doesn't seem to have the confidence on the ball, sadly.

But I don't think he should be used an example of a poor transition from League 1, in my view, because of the extenuating circumstances.

A lot of people I've spoken too think this chap will be our best signing. I know nothing about him but I'm liking the reports I'm hearing. Just hope we don't rush him in too fast and dent his confidence.

I think Delph looked like our best player against West Spam.

I have never been a bif fan of delph but you are right. he looked good at west ham and I could not believe it when Lambert started Bannan against Everton.

I dont think this westwood lad will be up to much if Im honest.