Ashley Westwood

Nabby

Isn't he Crewe's skipper?? if he's their captain @ 22 then there's gotta be something good about him!!

TRUST IN LAMBERT!

Captain for less than 4 weeks, quite meaningless.

I think the point is not the length of time he's been captain, but that the club was prepared to make him captain at that age.

Never seen the guy play but saw his interview and im optimistic about what he can do at a higher level. Crewe are well-known as having a very good academy, didnt the mancs just sign another promising youngster off their books too?

Welcome our new Ashley! Lambo is getting HIS team together now. Will be looking a lot stronger when we get our injured lot back. Kust a shame no-one wanted Hutton or Warnock..

Sounds promising. Hopefully he'll turn out to be a coup.

By the description of style of play, I wonder if he's in as backup/alternative to El Ahmadi. Think we'll generally start with 3 of the 6 centre mids, as follows:

Herd/Delph - primary role: energy/winning the ball back

El Ahmadi/Westwood - keep possession ticking over

Ireland/Bannan - creativity

And yet KHV the best midfield in the world isn't exactly renowned for being tall.

I think I'm starting to get Lambert and if I'm right then I'm more excited by him than any other manager since Ron Saunders.

It not the size of the person, it's the size of the fight in the person that matters! He means it when he says he want young hungry battle hardened players. Ones that it will mean something to turn out at VP in a Villa shirt, players who will be proud to hear the Holte sing their name and will do everything they can to come off that pitch with a win.

We have an owner who is fabulously rich but is also a businessman maybe just maybe between him and PL we have finally got a chance of achieving what RL's vision was for us when he took over.

And yet KHV the best midfield in the world isn't exactly renowned for being tall.

I think I'm starting to get Lambert and if I'm right then I'm more excited by him than any other manager since Ron Saunders.

It not the size of the person, it's the size of the fight in the person that matters! He means it when he says he want young hungry battle hardened players. Ones that it will mean something to turn out at VP in a Villa shirt, players who will be proud to hear the Holte sing their name and will do everything they can to come off that pitch with a win.

We have an owner who is fabulously rich but is also a businessman maybe just maybe between him and PL we have finally got a chance of achieving what RL's vision was for us when he took over.

I assume you mean the barcelona midfield that over the last few seasons has relied on the defensive midfield capabilities of the tiny yaya toure, the tiny sergio busquets and has just bought the tiny alex song?