Ashley Westwood

Nabby

25 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

When all said and done when he leaves us (which will probably be in the summer) most people will forget he ever played for us for 5 seasons within 5 weeks of him departing.  It is a shame as I thought we had unearthed a gem and he seems a nice bloke- but he is not really that good is he.

He will regularly crop up in threads when discussing eg the worst player ever,  most depressing time ever,  poorest shooter,  worst passer,  most pointless player,  player you least want back,  12 days of crapness,  worst ever XI etc. 

Will probably be written about more 10 years from now than Kodjia.  Deservedly. 

11 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

The pointlessness of Westwood is that, even ignoring Lansbury and Hourihane, and just comparing the other 5, Wstwood doesn't have the best figures in any one of the categories. 

he has made the most sub apperances ;)

• Like 1

14 hours ago, The Fun Factory said:

When all said and done when he leaves us (which will probably be in the summer) most people will forget he ever played for us for 5 seasons within 5 weeks of him departing.  

For the last 5 seasons I've generally forgot he played for us by about 3.15pm every Saturday afternoon. 

4 minutes ago, TRO said:

I have never been a fan of this player.....But I think we need to show a bit of dignity too.

He never signed himself and never picked himself.....He never gave himself a 5 year contract.

I think we should quietly move on to the players who will do it for us and let players like Ashley Westwood  etc.graciously slip away.

We are a big club( and despite our demise ,we are), we are big fans,great fans......... lets illustrate that.

Amen to that, great post.

• Like 1

Just now, poitier said:

Amen to that, great post.

I'm just trying to be honest, while frustrated at the same time.

Its just a shame it hasn't happened for either of us.

1 minute ago, TRO said:

I have never been a fan of this player.....But I think we need to show a bit of dignity too.

He never signed himself and never picked himself.....He never gave himself a 5 year contract.

I think we should quietly move on to the players who will do it for us and let players like Ashley Westwood  etc.graciously slip away.

We are a big club( and despite our demise ,we are), we are big fans,great fans......... lets illustrate that.

I've got no issue at all with people rating him less than I do (which inexplicably I have to mention every time I suggest he shouldn't have his legs broken isn't highly at all - I think he's gone from OK to poor over his time here), and this post a sentiment I think we should all adhere to. Good post TRO.

Just now, a m ole said:

I've got no issue at all with people rating him less than I do (which inexplicably I have to mention every time I suggest he shouldn't have his legs broken isn't highly at all - I think he's gone from OK to poor over his time here), and this post a sentiment I think we should all adhere to. Good post TRO.

Look, It would not surprise me if he's a top guy in his private life.....and if we all knew him it may help us make a more balanced view.

However, I am an Aston villa fan first and a social worker second .....I have a ruthless streak in me to want Villa Great again ( just like Eddie Jones with England Rugby)

but it can all be done with,dignity.

• Like 2