Ashley Westwood

Nabby

About booing/supporting Ashley.

Like past months' criticizing mentality problems caused mental weakness,we need all2support everyone up or down as far as he fights4Villa! https://twitter.com/avfc_religion/status/795060922154909697 

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, RimmyJimmer said:

Booing asley westwood when he came on and giving gabby a standing ovation then chanting his name just sums up the lack of moral fibre in many of our 'fans'

No sorry, that's a ridiculous comparison, I am firmly in the camp of those booing Ashley are clearings in the woods.

However, Gabriel Agbonlahor is a home grown player who many fans grew up with through some of the best times at the club.

Obviously there is an emotional connection and appreciation for him by some.

I don't see how one could not spot the discrepancy. Don't see how this has anything to do with the "moral fiber" of the fans. The fans who boo Ashley are clearings in the woods, even majority of his detractors on here do not agree with him being booed.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

11 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

No sorry, that's a ridiculous comparison, I am firmly in the camp of those booing Ashley are clearings in the woods.

However, Gabriel Agbonlahor is a home grown player who many fans grew up with through some of the best times at the club.

Obviously there is an emotional connection and appreciation for him by some.

I don't see how one could not spot the discrepancy. Don't see how this has anything to do with the "moral fiber" of the fans. The fans who boo Ashley are clearings in the woods, even majority of his detractors on here do not agree with him being booed.

It's hardly ridiculous is it? Yes there's a difference but it's related to how long each has been here. Gabby's been here a bit longer so he deserves praise even when he's been playing poorly for seasons yet Westwood doesn't?

As I said I agree there's a difference but to call it ridiculous is a bit far.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, darrenm said:

It's hardly ridiculous is it? Yes there's a difference but it's related to how long each has been here. Gabby's been here a bit longer so he deserves praise even when he's been playing poorly for seasons yet Westwood doesn't?

As I said I agree there's a difference but to call it ridiculous is a bit far.

Fair enough, you are right, ridiculous was a bit far. I was just trying to point out that, Gabby would obviously get an "easier" ride as more fans have and feel an affinity towards him based on the things I pointed out.

Maybe the context was wrong?

Once again, I actually think the way Ashley is treated is ridiculous.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, DK82 said:

I like Westwood. Think he comes across as a nice guy. He cried when we got relegated, he cares a lot. I do wonder how much his performances would improve if he wasn't booed. Would it make it easier for him to focus? We'll never know as he is an evil bastard and Hitler incarnate. He eats babies for breakfast and wears a Small Heath shirt under his Villa one.

Stone him. Think of the children etc.

Makes it all the more baffling, fans don't know what they want. Shows what a shallow game football has become. I would proper love him to hit some good form. I hope Bruce can boost his confidence and get him going because he certainly deserves better.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

About booing/supporting Ashley.

Like past months' criticizing mentality problems caused mental weakness,we need all2support everyone up or down as far as he fights4Villa! https://twitter.com/avfc_religion/status/795060922154909697 

30127858.jpg

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Makes it all the more baffling, fans don't know what they want. Shows what a shallow game football has become. I would proper love him to hit some good form. I hope Bruce can boost his confidence and get him going because he certainly deserves better.

Agreed. And I know you and I have had some words over Gabby, but I hope the same for him too. They wear the shirt we should support them and if they are not doing the job the manager will drop them - but till that point we have to get behind them all. Oh and that doesn't mean we shouldn't criticise form on here and other places.

All we do by booing our own players is give the opposition a lift.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Fair enough, you are right, ridiculous was a bit far. I was just trying to point out that, Gabby would obviously get an "easier" ride as more fans have and feel an affinity towards him based on the things I pointed out.

Maybe the context was wrong?

Once again, I actually think the way Ashley is treated is ridiculous.

And the way gabby is treated (by some) is ridiculous. 

To boo a player who gives his all and in the same game cheer a player who has, quite plainly taken the club and fans for a ride is unbelievable.

Surely you have to question fans moral compass?

I dont care how rubbish westwood supposedly is, he deserves better. I hope he moves to a club where fans treat him better

I've watched Villa since the late 60's and never booed one of our own team, not even Steve Hodge (until he left anyway), or Nigel Callaghan. Booing Westwood is idiotic.

As a player I don't like him one bit; he's the epitome of The Invisible Man of football. Funnily I just saw a thread about him on facebook where the same kind of arguments are going on as in this thread. More than one person claimed he "has potential". Others who I agreed with asked, after 5 years when will this potential manifest itself?

Paul Kerr, David Norton and Ray Walker were all better than Westwood!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, StefanAVFC said:

That passage of posts doesn't show you're condemning the booing.

For me, it says you think he deserves it.

Your only condemnation of the booing is calling people idiots in a comment about how the booing doesn't bother you. It's hardly a damning condemnation is it?

Search function is interesting. 

Two quotes. 

First

"Cleverley jeered off.

Hopefully that's that for him in a villa shirt."

Where's the outrage? Where's the damning condemnation? Or doesn't it count because you didn't like cleverley?

Second

"Nah. Boo the numpty until he's gone. "

Interesting stuff. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Search function is interesting. 

Two quotes. 

First

"Cleverley jeered off.

Hopefully that's that for him in a villa shirt."

Where's the outrage? Where's the damning condemnation? Or doesn't it count because you didn't like cleverley?

Second

"Nah. Boo the numpty until he's gone. "

Interesting stuff. 

Ooo, that search function is proving a right bitch recently!

Cleverley that wasn't our player and clearly wasn't interested until Sherwood came in?

Deserved stick more than Westwood does. But it was wrong of me to condone the booing.

Good job. Productive use of time there.

• Like 3