Confirmed THEN Interest Over: Clint Dempsey (Fulham)

SikhInTrinity

We're being used. Agent has definately leaked that to get Liverpools arse into gear

Good shout!

You have to ask the question why would he come here to a team in transition?

Ill be surprised if he is not playing for the scousers or buying a new wallet up north by the end of the day.

I reckon there is a bit of a deal going on here that suits everybody.

Liverpool get their arses into gear and Dempsey gets his move.

Villa look like they are trying for a player they think the fans want.

Genk (or whoever we are negotiating with) panic a bit and get that deal moving.

Very worst case, Dempsey's hand is forced and he has to make a massive climb down or sign for Villa.

Suits all parties.

Don't forget, Faulkner is big mates with the chap at Fulham.

Twitter has gone mental about this. Every tweet ive read has been laughter at us and him, 'big club?', blah blah blah. Hate this big club argument, these days it holds no stock. Football side of things yes it's a move down for him but we're not some small time club ffs, we're just having a dark period!

Anyway, i'd be shocked and delighted if this happened. Nice surprise for the day!

**** the haters, they hide behind their computers I guarantee the **** cowards would not have the balls to say it face to face.

Is there any truth to the rumour that Lambert has denied this or is that just more Twitter BS?

James Nursey is saying Lambert denied interest, then said it might be possible. Not sure what to make of that...

what have some banter? taking the piss out of other teams is surely part of the fun of it?

Anyway, odd surprise to wake up to, can't shake the feeling its a bit of a ruse for liverpool / us to sign benteke but there we go.

the beeb don't usually report something unless their certain enough of it though. If 'd seen this on SSN i'd be more sceptical...

I reckon there is a bit of a deal going on here that suits everybody.

Liverpool get their arses into gear and Dempsey gets his move.

Villa look like they are trying for a player they think the fans want.

Genk (or whoever we are negotiating with) panic a bit and get that deal moving.

Very worst case, Dempsey's hand is forced and he has to make a massive climb down or sign for Villa.

Suits all parties.

Don't forget, Faulkner is big mates with the chap at Fulham.

I agree.

Big thumbs up to Dempsey, exactly what Villa need, good all round proven PL player, one of the best players in the league last season...is it wrong to be aroused by this news?

Perfectly acceptable...i to have a bit of a chubby about it! :thumb: