League Cup 3rd Round

rjw63

i know, still, the clutching at straws approach:

is the game around a champions league game or near a big league game?

or

if we're going to beat them, might as well do it at this stage of the competition before the winners mentality takes hold of them.

We can definitely win. 8)

Manchester United v Newcastle United

Manchester City v Aston Villa

MK Dons v Sunderland

West Brom v Liverpool

Crawley Town v Swansea City

QPR v Reading

Norwich City v Doncaster Rovers

Bradford City v Burton Albion

Preston v Middlesbrough

Arsenal v Coventry City

Southampton v Sheffield Wednesday

Chelsea v Wolves

Carlisle United v Tottenham Hotspur

Swindon Town v Burnley

West Ham United v Wigan

Leeds United v Everton

This is a joke. We have to be the most unlucky team when it comes to cup draws. We used to ALWAYS get Man Utd in the FA Cup 3rd round. Now twice in three seasons we are drawn away at Man City in the League Cup.

Only positive I can find is it might help us if we're in a relegation battle to focus on that (I will add I hope we're not in one).

Best time to play them as said earlier. Most of the CL clubs will put out a reserve or youth side (although Citeh's reserves could probably finish in a CL spot!). At least I don't think we will do a Houllier and put out a side that has no chance.

I remember not so long back when it was actually worth watching these games against the likes of Man Sheikhty... Now it's just completely pointless. Even if we played out of our skins the Ref would make sure we didn't progress regardless... Awful draw! Still at least we won a game in the week which may help confidence a little. The scary thing is i just read through the teams left in & it was like

Nah we'd lose to them...Oh & them..& them..oh & them etc

Scary how far we have fallen whilst most others have improved.

I remember not so long back when it was actually worth watching these games against the likes of Man Sheikhty... Now it's just completely pointless. Even if we played out of our skins the Ref would make sure we didn't progress regardless... Awful draw! Still at least we won a game in the week which may help confidence a little. The scary thing is i just read through the teams left in & it was like

Nah we'd lose to them...Oh & them..& them..oh & them etc

Scary how far we have fallen whilst most others have improved.

Yeah, I can remember when it was regarded as OUR cup competition.....or at least thats what some of us so arrogantly assumed.

Bit different now.

By my reading, this is where we'll sit in Man City's fixtures in September

16th Stoke (A) - 21st Real Madrid (A) - 24th Arsenal (H) - 27th Aston Villa (H) - 30th Fulham (A)

To contrast ours

24th Southampton (A) - 27th Man City (A) - 1st WBA (H)

So no doubt they'll rest their stars. Coming off two tough games with a tricky away day to come in the League. Hopefully we'll play a strong team that can gel and nick the result, then use the confidence to beat WBA!!

Â