Match Thread - DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

wedge

Id be grateful with a point out of this game. I think our physically weak midfield will be exposed again making them sit deep while putting the defends under pressure meaning we are unable to support the strikers in the final third.... Again.

Hope to god that doesnt happen though as this place will be mad!

some facts

Villa have failed to win their last 12 Premier League matches. If they fail to win in Tyneside they will set a new unwanted top-flight club record.

Villa have not scored more than once in their last 10 league matches. It's their longest run without netting at least twice in a match since 1999.

Villa have conceded 10 goals and scored only once on their last three visits to SJP.

That is some grim reading.

13 games without a win? That's almost half a season. Surely, surely we aren't that bad a side? Must be due some luck for a change, but still hard to see us suddenly beating Newcastle at theirs. I dread what VT will be like after tonight.

All I want is us not to get beat today, and have a right good go. Living in the North East, the shit I'm hearing at the moment out of the gobshite 'Geordie Nation', is nauseating! I wanna be able to ram it down their throats on Monday morning. Can't see anything that them being proven right though, unfortunately.

Not sure how we can play a defensive game ? Not good enough to keep a clean sheet

Not quick or creative enough on the counter attack.

Bemused actually how we are approaching games at present ??

Is Clark not suspended?...

I would go for .....

..........................Guzan.........................

.................Vlaar...........Baker...............

Lowton........................................Lichaj

.............Herd.....................Delph..........

N'Zogbia.............KEA................Ireland

..........................Bent............................

Good opportunity to drop Given, give him a kick up the arse. Mind you it is against his old club.

I'd pack the midfield, hope for a draw, then avoid VT for a couple of days after we lose.

Lineup as follows:

---------------Given-----------------

Lowton--Vlaar-----Baker-----Bennett

Holman----KEA-----Herd----Delph

-----------------Ireland---------------

-------------Bent-----------------------

Agree with all this, would be very happy with a point from today's difficult match and I think that team can achieve it.

Not a chance. That midfield is truely appauling and the defence is not much better. Guitierrez,Cabaye,Ben Arfa,Ba and Cisse are going to have a field day. This defeat is going to be heavy.

I think we'll line up:

..........................Given.........................

Lowton........................................Bennett

.............KEA.....................Delph..........

N'Zogbia.............Ireland................Holman

Wish we had Benteke today, even though I haven't see a great deal of him I think his physical presence alone would help against Newcastle. I want to be optimistic and say we'll win, I really hope we will, but I'd definitely be happy with a point today. Hopefully we can put in a good performance and snag all three!

The game has come far too soon for our evolving team. I do think we will start to make progress after today though.

yup, I agree. I'm optimistic in the long term, but this game is a bit soon, still would take a draw happily to get us off the mark.

Is Clark not suspended?...

I would go for .....

..........................Guzan.........................

Lowton........................................Lichaj

.............Herd.....................Delph..........

N'Zogbia.............KEA................Ireland

Good opportunity to drop Given, give him a kick up the arse. Mind you it is against his old club.

I don't think Clark is suspended. He missed the Tranmere game

They are on a three-match losing streak. They last lost four in a row between March and April 2009 - under Martin O'Neill.

Villa have failed to win their last 12 Premier League matches. If they fail to win in Tyneside they will set a new unwanted top-flight club record.

The Villans have not scored more than once in their last 10 league matches. It's their longest run without netting at least twice in a match since 1999.

Some horrible records there :shock: