Jordan Bowery

FamousHolteUnion

Who'd of thought.... Bowery gets subbed off and we fall to pieces!! Was 0-0 until he went off!

The one thing I noticed was when Bowery went off, City's centerbacks pushed up a lot higher. Bowery was keeping them on their heels because they likely knew they would be outpaced by Bowery if they pushed up. I genuinely believe Bowery's presence was keeping City's back four in check. 

I think this is a pretty strange view on things. I am 99.99% certain the City-defenders didn't even knew what his name was after the game, let alone that they were "afraid" of him. I mean, he has never, ever in his career made a defensive unit shake in the Premier League - so why would suddenly the best team in the league do it? Makes no sense.

• Like 1

Who'd of thought.... Bowery gets subbed off and we fall to pieces!! Was 0-0 until he went off!

The one thing I noticed was when Bowery went off, City's centerbacks pushed up a lot higher. Bowery was keeping them on their heels because they likely knew they would be outpaced by Bowery if they pushed up. I genuinely believe Bowery's presence was keeping City's back four in check. 

I think this is a pretty strange view on things. I am 99.99% certain the City-defenders didn't even knew what his name was after the game, let alone that they were "afraid" of him. I mean, he has never, ever in his career made a defensive unit shake in the Premier League - so why would suddenly the best team in the league do it? Makes no sense.

might not make sense but it happened

Unknown quantities are often the things to fear most.

He held up the ball well, but got out numbered several times, such was the lack of support offered to him.

His "air shot" was mistimed, but even the best players mis-hit the ball dropping in such a way.

might not make sense but it happened

Pretty sure this is due to the fact they needed to win and started to push up because time was starting to run out. Bowery going off was coincidence.

As Bowery went off jovetivic came on to replace a midfield player. I'd imagine that had more effect on the game than Bowery holding them back. Also before they scored they had some great chances and lots of the ball, guzan, the defence and poor finishing stopped earlier goals.

Think of the abuse Heskey used to get, but he was 10 times better in every single aspect of his play than Bowery. 

If he is lucky, if everything goes well for him, if he gets the breaks, Bowery may develop into a very poor man's Marlon Harewood. He is 22 now and the best you can say is that he is sometimes a minor 'nuisance', he's not even a 'handful'. He certainly isn't a goalscorer and never will be. 

Haven't seen any aspect of his game that makes me think he will be a useful Premier league squad player. The fact that anybody at all wants him anywhere near our squad shows how desperate we have become. Any game time he gets would be better spent on one of our youngsters who actually has a chance of being a top division player.

I wish him all the best in his future career, but suspect this will be mostly spent somewhere in D1.

• Like 1

He has been utter poo so far today, lost count of how many times he's lost the ball and he's one of the weakest players I've ever seen... pushed off the ball far too easily.

Well . . . at least he put in one good performance in his Villa career. It was threatening to get awkward that day, like we might have to re-evaluate our opinion that he's complete rubbish. On the positive side, at least we were right all along! 

Thank you for that cross, and good luck in League 1. 

He tries hard but is not a premiership player

Can't afford to have players like him and progress up the table

Another one that should be shipped out in the culling he probably repaid his transfer fee with that one game against Hull though

• Like 3

Â