Jordan Bowery

FamousHolteUnion

I thought Bowery was superb yesterday. Hull was struggling to contain him at points and he seems to have a good cross on him. There's definitely something there, it's just a case of getting him to show it more often. He costs us nothing so we may as well keep hold of him and see how he develops. Before yesterday I'd have said "get rid" but now I'm not so sure.

Was that the first time Bowery played in the CF role for us?

Yep, and that's the point as with Weimann played in the correct position they can play but put out wide etc they aren't good enough so rather than get on their backs we should be blaming the manager for playing players out of position.

I've never understood the dislike frankly. Every time I've seen him I've thought he's a lively enough player, with enough ability to make things happen but lacking in confidence and the end product.

Both of those things are probably the hardest skills to "learn" and he's not going to do that with 10-15 minutes here and there. Poor management IMO, though I appreciate it's difficult under our current circumstances he should have been given a run ages ago ahead of the toothless Gabby and Weimann.

Edited by dont_do_it_doug.
  • Like 4

Well i have to say that i ridiculed him on here, but now after watching him yesterday, his attitude and his performance lead me to believe we may have a player in there and someone just needs to bring him on, after all Gareth Bale was crap when he first started!!

• Like 1

for £5,000 a week, in this day in age, it's **** all.

I'd rather have him come in and do as good a job as he did, than pay steve sidwell, or someone of his ilk £40,000 to get 3 good games a season.

• Like 1

Makes the Holt signing even more of a mystery if Bowery can put in these kind of performances. Though my concern is how many goals can he chip in with, or is it enough to just feed Weimann.

Makes the Holt signing even more of a mystery if Bowery can put in these kind of performances. Though my concern is how many goals can he chip in with, or is it enough to just feed Weimann.

Given the chance , He'd really put these peformances , him and Tonev and Helenius ! It's just a case that they won't have the confidence to shine at first ! 

Sorry one swallow don't make a sure not good enough at this level

Be fair, he's not exactly had a great deal of game time has he? I think a season out on loan in the Championship would do him the world of good.

he was on loan at Doncaster didn't score a goal like he wouldn't hit a barn door

Sorry one swallow don't make a sure not good enough at this level

Be fair, he's not exactly had a great deal of game time has he? I think a season out on loan in the Championship would do him the world of good.
he was on loan at Doncaster didn't score a goal like he wouldn't hit a barn door

Only made 3 appearances for Doncaster though so again, not a lot of game time.

Pleased for Bowery, he had a fantastic game. He offered much more than Holt. I was very impressed by the way he bounced back after the unlucky own goal. I'm not convinced that he's got a future at this level either, but on the basis of that performance I certainly wouldn't mind him getting a few more chances.

It's a real shame our remaining games are against City and Spurs away, because yesterday showed us a completely unexpected partnership between Bowery and Weimann. I'd have loved a look at them together up top again in a couple of winnable games. Chances are we'll never see that now, because you wouldn't think either will be starting next season under a new manager

Â