Speculation: Rickie Lambert - Southampton

smetrov

Aston Villa boss Paul Lambert is weighing up a deadline-beating move for namesake Southampton striker Rickie Lambert.

Villa have had a £5.5million bid for Genk striker Christian Benteke turned down by the Belgian club, so are now looking at last-minute alternatives before the summer window closes on Friday night]

clicky

I kid ye not !

Only Aston Villa - could bid for Christan Benteke - and end up with Rikki Lambert - even the names sound poles apart !

Can't possibly see why saints would sell - hope its a bluff to Genk that we will look elsewhere.

Can't possibly see why saints would sell - hope its a bluff to Genk that we will look elsewhere.

I'm sure Genk would laugh and leave us to it!

Genk's choice is simply to sell or not sell, and at what price. I'd be astonished if they saw press reports about our other hypothetical choices as a factor, or accounted for this in their response to any bids we make.

Because they've already signed his replacement in Emmanuel Makuka from young Boys of Berne (fnar fnar)

Lambert and the Southampton management appeared to have some kind of falling out where he was left on the bench against Citeh, then he scored when he came off the bench and seemed to be making a point to the bench

Heskey MKII if we sign Lambert, no sell on value, not sure he'll maintain his current form for long...

Mmm this could very well become true if we did sign him. Seems to have gone quiet concerning him though so maybe we won't have to find out.

Â