Joe Bennett

Si.

Did nobody read the reports/reviews on the Brighton side regarding his spell there? They were all in agreement about him being a poor defender. I held out hope for Bennett longer than many but if he can't adequately defend at Championship level, then he has no place in a Premier League side.

• Like 2

Why is he not playing at Bournemouth btw, I thought the whole point of loan spells was for the player to actually play games as he could've just bench warmed here. 

Bournemouth will be below us in the league soon enough and they lost Tyrone Mings to season ending injury so who's the world class Bournemouth LB keeping him out of the team?

35 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Why is he not playing at Bournemouth btw, I thought the whole point of loan spells was for the player to actually play games as he could've just bench warmed here. 

Bournemouth will be below us in the league soon enough and they lost Tyrone Mings to season ending injury so who's the world class Bournemouth LB keeping him out of the team?

Why did Veretout barely get a run here? Why did Amavi get dropped for Richardson? Why is N'Zogbia seeing game time?

If the manager decides that he does or doesn't like/rate/prefer the player, then that is that.

For all the stick Richardson gets and I agree he isn't great....we've still won big games with him at LB, Liverpool cup semi, Spurs away, thought he was one of the few outfield players in the actual cup final who did alright.

I wouldn't say he's quite as liability as Bennett is on a poor day.

• Like 3

Bennett would have been much better for us playing in midfield as I do think he technically is better than most give him credit for, look at the goal he scored in pre-season. But I am not sure he can defend.

Cissokho can defend, just is a bit cumbersome going forward, but if we are playing Grealish or Sinclair down the left we don't need someone to bomb forward all the time. He should have been kept as defensive option to play while Amavi was blooded, I could also see Amavi becoming more a wider midfielder like Bale so that would have also been a good option to test.

Leaving Richardson and Nzogbia as your only back up left back options is the act of someone criminally insane.

Edited by VillanousOne

7 minutes ago, VillanousOne said:

Bennett would have been much better for us playing in midfield as I do think he technically is better than most give him credit for, look at the goal he scored in pre-season. But I am not sure he can defend.

Cissokho can defend, just is a bit cumbersome going forward, but if we are playing Grealish or Sinclair down the left we don't need someone to bomb forward all the time. He should have been kept as defensive option to play while Amavi was blooded, I could also see Amavi becoming more a wider midfielder like Bale so that would have also been a good option to test.

Leaving Richardson and Nzogbia as your only back up left back options is the act of someone criminally insane.

Nzogbia? Does he play left back? I think Sherwood subbed him into that position, but I assumed that was just one of Sherwood's aberrations.

• 1 month later...

Apparently he's back, after failing to make a single appearence for Bournemouth. Can't see him getting any game time for us this season, I can see us loaning him to the Championship, might be decent back-up for us next season.

8 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

Terrible player.

He is crap, yet some try to point to one single match as evidence that's he's actually worth a go. I'm afraid one match in 30 or whatever he's played for us isn't enough.

his last 2 games I remember he played well vs Chelsea and scored vs Notts County. I only have positive Joe Bennett memories now

prob better back up than Richardson

Â