Joe Bennett

Si.

Sherwood rates him apparently and he is our second choice LB to Amavi. Reckon he will get plenty of game time this year. Especially in the cups.

If that was true, surely he would have started ahead of Richardson last night.

Ok, lets just recap here. Last night Joe Bennett won the ball in our half, ran the length of the pitch with the ball and banged it in off the post from the edge of the area. Joe Bennett though, that's Joe J-O-E Bennett B-E-N-N-E-T-T. Ok. Errr. Ok. Joe Bennett though? Ok. Anyone got a dark room? I think I need a lie down.

• Like 2

He did okay when he came on and the goal was very good but like someone already said, the Notts County players had nothing left so difficult to really judge his performance. 

Yes, that goal has 0 predictive value. They were dead on their feet, and kept standing off him on the edge of their own penalty area, that will never ever happen in the Premier League. The goal was nice, but actually for me what was impressive was that Bennett kept shape, didn't get drawn out of position or go wandering on the left touchline, and added some defensive solidity to the side. The goal was a 'cherry on top', not the cake itself. 

He did okay when he came on and the goal was very good but like someone already said, the Notts County players had nothing left so difficult to really judge his performance. 

Yes, that goal has 0 predictive value. They were dead on their feet, and kept standing off him on the edge of their own penalty area, that will never ever happen in the Premier League. The goal was nice, but actually for me what was impressive was that Bennett kept shape, didn't get drawn out of position or go wandering on the left touchline, and added some defensive solidity to the side. The goal was a 'cherry on top', not the cake itself. 

maybe but it was Joe Bennett. Rare time he does something like that and deserves the praise he is getting :)

Great goal, nice celebration as well. Lots of hugs. Think he's a likeable character.

Very noticeable that the whole team ran over to celebrate. Of course that 5th goal killed what was a rollercoaster of a game, but as you say, obviously we'll liked.

Could he maybe make it as a CDM?....or is that very wishful thinking.

Attacking and pace has always been his best quality but he can tackle, you'd hope so being a LB! Maybe there's a place for him as a utility player. 

His wages are probably keeping him at our club but under Lambo he didn't show much to get confident about.

I see him more as a potential box to box midfielder than as a proper DM, as a full back he should be used to running up and down the pitch, and his attacking attributes seem to be much better than his defensive ones.

Â