Joe Bennett

Si.

Through nothing but anecdotal evidence and reading up on profiles and styles of play and him being an England U21, I have irrational high hopes for this lad. Even more so than Lowton, who I think has done well too.

It's nice to see two fullbacks with pace and energy.

With no decent wingers in the side we will be relying on Lowton and Bennett to be our attacking options out wide.

Big step up for both of them and I hope they hit the ground running. Lowton has looked pretty good so far to be fair and i'd imagine having a proper attacking left back will now mean we don't have to rely just on Lowton for width which should help him.

Try harder. He's a good player. Soon you'll realize that!

I think he is.

I said in another thread that I think in a few years he's a player a few other clubs wished they'd have signed.

I'm concerned about the now, if we'd signed other quality players I'd probably be less worried about him.

also, playing under the fear that if he make a mistake he'll be nicknamed Gordon should also help keep his focus on the job.

Haha very true :lol:

That's an incentive to always be motivated if ever I heard one.

Is it just me or does his shirt look a bit big for him?

23542731.jpg

with a couple of young, pacey full backs surely there might be some benefit at looking at a formation that shores up the defence while taking advantage of their attributes?

------------given-------------

---baker---vlaar---clark----

lowton----------------bennett

----el ahmedi----herd-------

------------ireland-------------

-------bent-------benteke (maybe)

or

lowton--el ahmedi--bennett

holman----ireland---nzogbia

-------------bent--------------

Tried to post this initially but think I had to post a welcome post first?

Hi All

Tried to post in the thread about you guys signing Joe Bennett but apparently only users with 'special access' can post in there ;)

From a Boro fan, bit disappointed to lose him, really consolidated his position over the past couple of seasons. At the moment, in my own personal opinion, he is better as an attacking full back however his defensive attributes have definitely upped somewhat from when he first started playing regularly for us.

Don't worry about the fact he's been injured at the beginning of this season, he isn't an injury prone player (actually tweeted the other day saying he has never been out injured this long). He also came through a game against Palace last Monday I think it was in the U21 Premier League and played the full 90.

I will say however he can be quite temperamental and is prone to losing his head now and then as can be seen below

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f1ka6ngVSRI

Shows his commitment to the cause though I guess.

Will be following him closely and wishing the lad the best of luck, unless of course we return to the Premier League he can have two off games a season against us ;)

I will say however he can be quite temperamental and is prone to losing his head now and then as can be seen below

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f1ka6ngVSRI

Shows his commitment to the cause though I guess.

Wait; he went to smash the shit out of that word removed McShane? I think I have a new favourite player.

Opinion on Bennett from my mate who's a scout for a Premier League club:

'quick, good going forward, good quick feet and good delivery'.

However he's a bit lightweight (in terms of build) and not great defensively. This guy also rates Lowton:

'Good athlete, can also play centre half, right side and even defensive midfield. Great lad and just needs time to adjust. Always liked him'

I think, with the warnings about taking time to adjust, we could have done a great bit of business on these two.

this ones a dubious one for me, i was abit confused over it, dont get me wrong, i hope he does really well, and cements LB for 1 yrs and becomes rock solid and reliable

but our defence is small, young and inexperianced, its near enough all kids, except vlaar and dunne, i was expecting someone like poulsen or olsson

with a couple of young, pacey full backs surely there might be some benefit at looking at a formation that shores up the defence while taking advantage of their attributes?

or

I think that first team with 3 at the back and 2 up front could well be where we are headed and it may well be successful, Pete! I like the team but see maybe Westwood instead of Herd.

or

I think that first team with 3 at the back and 2 up front could well be where we are headed and it may well be successful, Pete! I like the team but see maybe Westwood instead of Herd.

I like the top team, Herd is an iffy one. However I thought Delph did well enough at West Ham to play again. Maybe Delph for Herd??

I think we could also interchange Ireland and Delph in the number 10 role too if Lambert can get Nzogbia to pull his finger out his arse. I think Zoggy if he put in a performance could be a threat in those areas running at people. Zoggy having a good game is a massive if though.

Â