General Conspiracy Theory Dump Store

CI

How is it that people lost their shit over this now rather than years ago when they started selling their £700 trainers?

They're the epitome of high end fashion being laughably bad, the conspiracy surrounding them should be that they're mugging their customers off with purposefully terrible looking products pitched as being fashionable

I hope no one on here even likes them let alone owns a pair

• Like 1

Listened to a German podcast on Putin's troll farms in St. Petersburg yesterday. Frightening stuff. The hold he has on so many of the conspi-dumps in the West is scary.

Short summary. There's a 'company' in St. Petersburg called IRA (Internet Research Agency) who hires multi-language citizens to work day and night at posting disinformation, use social media to stir up conspi-nuts in the West and generally work to sow division in the West. A journalist from Novaya Gazeta went undercover and took a job with them, and was tasked with spreading disinformation on UK and US social media and forums about vaccines. Her colleagues were tasked with things like keeping the Q-anon movement going, inciting anger in France when the Yellow Vest protests were happening etc. For example they'd post things like 'Trump fans are due to protest here tomorrow - we should go!' on Democratic forums, then they'd go on Trump-friendly sites and forums and post that Democrats were doing the same. This way there'd be violent clashes between said groups.

The fact that there's not more focus being put on this and how Facebook\twitter etc are essentially being used to incite hatred and threaten democracy is beyond me.

1 hour ago, magnkarl said:

Listened to a German podcast on Putin's troll farms in St. Petersburg yesterday. Frightening stuff. The hold he has on so many of the conspi-dumps in the West is scary.

Short summary. There's a 'company' in St. Petersburg called IRA (Internet Research Agency) who hires multi-language citizens to work day and night at posting disinformation, use social media to stir up conspi-nuts in the West and generally work to sow division in the West. A journalist from Novaya Gazeta went undercover and took a job with them, and was tasked with spreading disinformation on UK and US social media and forums about vaccines. Her colleagues were tasked with things like keeping the Q-anon movement going, inciting anger in France when the Yellow Vest protests were happening etc. For example they'd post things like 'Trump fans are due to protest here tomorrow - we should go!' on Democratic forums, then they'd go on Trump-friendly sites and forums and post that Democrats were doing the same. This way there'd be violent clashes between said groups.

The fact that there's not more focus being put on this and how Facebook\twitter etc are essentially being used to incite hatred and threaten democracy is beyond me.

The US government does this as well. You never know who you’re actually arguing with when responding to a random comment on social media. 

The Pentagon has ordered a sweeping audit of how it conducts clandestine information warfare after major social media companies identified and took offline fake accounts suspected of being run by the U.S. military in violation of the platforms’ rules.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national-security/2022/09/19/pentagon-psychological-operations-facebook-twitter/

• Like 4

There are eight levels of the internet, the 8th is inaccessible (the Primarch System) and controls the internet and no government has control of it. Nobody evens knows what it is. It is an anomaly at the heart of the deep web that was discovered by super deep web scans in the early 2000’s. 

The system is believed to be unresponsive but it sends out commands that can not be altered to the entire net randomly 

The levels above are a bit tasty as well😱😱

Edited by Follyfoot

• 3 weeks later...

I was just getting a haircut. Not the usual barber, so got the “where are you from?” question. England. “Is it true that all the pension funds are broke?”  “No, there was a panic when Truss was pm, but they potted her and reversed the idiocy and it’s settled down now”. “Is it true that everyone is going to be given like a VIN number, so if they think they are a woman today they can be that. No one will be a Mr. or Mrs.?”  No mate, that’s utter bollex, who told you that?” “My mate sent me a YouTube video”. “Well, it’s horsesh*t, can you imagine the uproar….” “OK, so is it true that farming’s banned? That the government is going to take over all the farms and land?”  “No, that’s utter bollex as well”.

Now I might be sheltered and niaive, but eff me. How stuff spreads. I’ve never come across such misinformation before. At least the barber asked me for verification of it, or not, I guess.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, blandy said:

I was just getting a haircut. Not the usual barber, so got the “where are you from?” question. England. “Is it true that all the pension funds are broke?”  “No, there was a panic when Truss was pm, but they potted her and reversed the idiocy and it’s settled down now”. “Is it true that everyone is going to be given like a VIN number, so if they think they are a woman today they can be that. No one will be a Mr. or Mrs.?”  No mate, that’s utter bollex, who told you that?” “My mate sent me a YouTube video”. “Well, it’s horsesh*t, can you imagine the uproar….” “OK, so is it true that farming’s banned? That the government is going to take over all the farms and land?”  “No, that’s utter bollex as well”.

Now I might be sheltered and niaive, but eff me. How stuff spreads. I’ve never come across such misinformation before. At least the barber asked me for verification of it, or not, I guess.

“Ere Shelia, had one of those intergalactic shape shifting Poms in the shop today covering up the truth again, with misinformation, lucky we know the score

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, blandy said:

What country are you in @blandy? It’s pretty worrying just how misinformation travels these days.

“OK, so is it true that farming’s banned? That the government is going to take over all the farms and land?”

I could understand that one if we had that commie Starmer in charge, but it's an odd one to believe given that we've had a 'denationalise and privatise everything'-obsessed right-wing governmment for years. 

That the government is going to take over all the farms and land?”

The 'all' is hyperbolic but if you follow farming at all, you will know that the government aim to rewild large areas of agricultural land, and farmers are just weighing up the monetry advantage of taking the grants.

I think the idea is that the UK gets a green halo, while we increase our reliance on more imported food.

Increasing the size of Lytham's wildfowl sanctuary would be ideal and easy to do: turn off the pumps, cease the dredging, and remove the dam. 😄

Â