General Conspiracy Theory Dump Store

CI

^^^^^^^^^^^

Today's Grauniad.

Bluff from the Izzies. If they did attack it would draw in Lebanon, Syria, Iraq, Iran, the entire GCC, Turkey, Egypt et al. Real Mayan Prophecy stuff.

FWIW I think the West will compromise on an civil nuclear programme for Iran, monitored by the IAEA to ensure it never gets too advanced.

hmm

something "nuclear" perhaps

No, it would a military team in there wearing a lot more than high vis if it was anything potentially radioactive

The bomb disposal van is very interesting though..

Edit: Comprehensive school spelling

Don't know if already mentioned but the fella apparently went back to Iraq recently to reclaim the premises of the business he left (in Baghdad) during the 70's.

Call me sceptical but that sounds like a load of pump. Wonder who he actually went to meet?

Al-Hilli street now cordoned off, press moved back because of concern over something found in house, armed police in attendance, according to BBC. Neighbours evacuated.

Just driven close to Claygate on my way to a meeting , can see a police chopper hovering in the area , presumably over the house

On R4 news before they monitored a "Garden Shed" that was protected by a mains powered electronic lock

Thats some security for a garden shed.

I'd think that this garden shed is bigger than yours or mine and the bomb disposal squad were called in, in connection with this more than likely as a precaution other than anything else

'potentially explosive materials in an out building'

that'll be fertiliser in the greenhouse, batteries in a drawer, a clock, white spirits under the sink and nails in the garage then

It's probably more serious than that: The almost certainly found an old mobile phone in the house as well as a suspicious-looking bread-making machine.

Guardian is continuing to delete comments which refer to the line of work the dead mens' employers are engaged in. Rather seems to confirm the story about a D notice being issued.

They appear to have no problem with continuing to run a story about the French press not covering the murders, which is a downright lie, and they are still carrying a lame piece from the same journo identifying robbery and racism as possible motives.

Quite pathetic.

On R4 news before they monitored a "Garden Shed" that was protected by a mains powered electronic lock

Thats some security for a garden shed.

I'd think that this garden shed is bigger than yours or mine and the bomb disposal squad were called in, in connection with this more than likely as a precaution other than anything else

Reminds me of the shed in Commando at Matrix place when it was being shot up we all know what was inside

There's no conspiracy about Dr David Kelly. It's pretty bleedin' obvious that it was a covered up murder. They didn't even bother trying to cover up half of the evidence that didn't fit with the coroners first report.

It's not bleedin' obvious at all.

For example, read the chapter on Kelly in David Aaronovitch's book 'Voodoo Histories'. He deconstructs the murder conspiracy theory pretty devastatingly.

Almost without exception, when you begin to look at the evidence, conspiracy theories - theories which are more complex than the conventional explanations - evaporate. Occam's Razor rules.

For example, read the chapter on Kelly in David Aaronovitch's book 'Voodoo Histories'. He deconstructs the murder conspiracy theory pretty devastatingly.

I imagine there are some less one-eyed commentators around, but just now, none come to mind. He's a polemicist, and good at what he does, but not a source of independent and objective judgement. In my biased opinion...

:winkold:

Â