Speculation: Kevin Doyle (Wolverhampton Wanderers)

birdistheword

Sky Sports understands Everton and Aston Villa have made enquires about Wolverhampton Wanderers forward Kevin Doyle.

The Republic of Ireland international is still at Molineux despite the club's relegation to the Championship and he scored in Saturday's draw with Derby County.

But Doyle has regularly been linked with a move away from Wolves after becoming one of the stars at the club and he could follow Stephen Fletcher and Matt Jarvis out of the door.

The 28-year-old in July said he was happy to stay at Wolves and help in the fight to return to the Premier League.

Everton and Villa, though, have not let that deter them in potentially signing Doyle before Friday night's transfer deadline.

Doyle in the summer of 2009 joined Wolves in a £9.5million move from Reading and he has scored 22 goals for the club in that time.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11677/8023998/Prem-pair-ask-about-Doyle

Don't believe it for a second, after the money Wolves made last week they'd be mad to sell, and could probably ask for £12mil seeing as they got £10m for Jarvis & £14m for Fletcher. The fact they paid so much will clearly mean they won't sell cheap. Much better options available.

Not the player we need imo, just too much of a headless chicken, reeks of a player that hops between relegated prem teams. I know we're desperate for anything at the moment, but he wouldn't be that striker that would help link the midfield and Bent.

I like him but not quite what we need. His constant movement and work, unselfish play and decent ability in the air and holding up is ideal for us, we need something to make it stick up top or simply to pass to and hold off the defender.

Unfortunately we also need someone who nabs a few goals himself and Doyle never has scored enough. He's also knocking on 29 and Wolves will drive a hard bargain.

We should look elsewhere.

Please please no!. After watching Doyle in all of Ireland's games for he last 5 years or so I think this would be a terrible signing . 3years ago was the time to sign Doyle he has become lazy and slightly overweight since joining Wolves, it's a real pity as his work rate used to be his best attribute. Now I see him as the next Heskey.

Please please no!. After watching Doyle in all of Ireland's games for he last 5 years or so I think this would be a terrible signing . 3years ago was the time to sign Doyle he has become lazy and slightly overweight since joining Wolves, it's a real pity as his work rate used to be his best attribute. Now I see him as the next Heskey.

in Euros he looked like the old Doyle and was stupid Trap took him off vs Croatia when he gave Corluka a torrid time

He has averaged a fraction over 7 goals per season in the 3 seasons he has been at Wolves. Hardly the sort of strike rate that is going to make us world beaters!

No thanks, let some other mugs have him.

I'm surprised a pair of novices like Moyes and Lambert have no idea what to expect from Kevin Doyle.

:winkold: