A Footballing Decree Nisi

GaztonVilla

I came to Birmingham for the first time for last season's Norwich game and had the time of my life.

That was a crucial game. You;re obviously good luck, you should get a season ticket, nevermind the travel costs :)

I went to 3 home games last season and saw us win each one... think we only won 4 all season.

You should definitely come more often too :)

I came to Birmingham for the first time for last season's Norwich game and had the time of my life.

That was a crucial game. You;re obviously good luck, you should get a season ticket, nevermind the travel costs :)

I went to 3 home games last season and saw us win each one... think we only won 4 all season.

I managed two games in London with a record of Pl2 W1 D1 L0 F4-2A.

No idea what all the fuss was about.

Not sure about decree nisi, I think my vows have been renewed. Sure I may not be happy with the father of the bride still, but chances are he won't be around forever. She's had a makeover, she looks pretty exiting now after a couple of years of letting herself go and all the massive rows we have been having. She's making an effort at last and the new marriage adviser she has is top notch and knows exactly what he's doing. Sure we may still have some rocky spells ahead but at this stage I'm just starting to remember why I married her in the first place

• 1 year later...

just funny reading through some of those posts in the respect that not much changes at all in the fullness of time.

I would suspect in 5 years time there will be different faces at the club in all sorts of capacities, but not much of the relevant stuff will have changed.

.....nothing changes,except the folk trying to change it.

Ps  the best bit of advice is from one of the posters....don't take it too serious...they don't.

Edited by TRO

It seems to me Gaston was clear and comments have gone in a thousand directions.  What has turned him off is the people, not the performances or the wins.  He mentions the player salaries, but focuses on the negativity of fans on this site and in the crowd.

Clearly the negative direction of whom to blame the thread has taken, sort of makes his point.

I get tired of it too, but since the General and I are the only Villa fans within 300 miles I can just stay of the villa pages on the web and escape it whenever I need to.  It's harder to do in the UK where it's all over news and friendly discussions.  Villa literally NEVER comes up in any of my daily discussions unless I bring it up.

My only thought for Gaston (if he's bothering to read at this point) is, a take off of  "if you can keep your head when all around you are losing theirs."  and "Don't let the turkey's get you down."  In my words, don't let the negativity of others destroy your joy.  If you do, you essentially become one more negative voice.  Without intending to, you actually can't beat them, so you join them.  That's a lot of negative disappointment and misery to lay on yourself.

If you stay or go, I wish you great happiness. 

I'll be here cheering, and trying to stay positive no matter the fans, the player salaries, or anything else.  Otherwise it's just no fun.

All the best,

• Like 2

I started supporting Villa for about five years ago. When Gabby was tearing down every Premier League defense and had the all mighty John Carew along him to help. When we hade the old lads Luke, Warnock, Dunne and Collins keeping clean sheets and when Villa fans all sang about going to Wembley and all. I am 19 years old and supporting Villa is very hard atm.

The question "How comes you support Villa?" and "Why Villa when there is much better teams in the league?" pops up a lot, has done since 3 years ago and my answer has always been the same. I love the club. Threw up and downs. There is something special with this club. You look forward to every weekend even though you end up disappointed most of the times but as soon as the match day comes we all gather around and support the team we love. Aston Villa. Yes we are playing terrible football most of our matches and for a club with such history as Villa these results is just unfair. But I know deep down that the club we all love will rise up for the task and make us cheer and cry of happiness. 

My father is a Everton fan and even he knows that Villa is one the easiest clubs to fell in love with. 

I get very sad when I see veteran Villa supporters just give up and I really don't blame you but it makes me sad. Cause when I see guys like you leave the family I loose hope. How am I going to feel in a few years time? Only time will tell.

I hope to see you back here and I hope that Villa rise once again and becomes the club every premier league team fear to play against!

UTV.

Edited by AVFCRAMTIN

Through good times and bad.. bad time to be a villa supporter. I hate it at the moment too... yet i still have the passion to get up at 4am in the morning to watch us play shit. Not sure why to be honest.

I cant leave. Ill goto bed 3-0 down at half time. Wont be able to sleep unless i know what the FT score is. Its ridiculous really.

Â