Neil Armstrong RIP

mykeyb

Just imagine the scale of covering up a fake moon landing.

There would be literally millions of people involved in building a rocket to the moon. From the designs, to the manual labour, to all the supplier companies to the testing etc etc

People don't think any of them would have been a whistle blower in the 50 years since? All those people were convinced to pretend the whole time that it was real?

That should be the thing that makes people realise any conspiracy theory is ludicrous. The sheer scale of pulling off that kind of a "hoax" is mindblowing.

Also true.

All this reminds me of the excellent film "Capricorne one". Haven't seen it? Do it.

I seldom believe in conspiracy theories, but this one was one that I thought might had something in it. I haven't read much about it before and just thought that it would've been a hell of an achievement to get someone up there and it happened in a "perfect time" for the US. And up untill just recently I thought that Armstrong and Aldrin were the only ones claimed to have walked on the moon. 10 other men has done it, apparently. :oops: Anyway, this thread, and in particular this post, has made me realise that I've been a fool:

They left behind a **** reflector that we use to measure the moons distance away from the earth as it changes over time.

Of course he walked on the moon.

You need to watch better documentaries. Ones that have facts in them.

Didn't know that we actually put that kind of an instrument up there.

Yes, they left behind what amounted to big bicycle reflectors on the Moon's surface and noted the co-ordinates. We aim an incredibly powerful laser at one and measure the length of time it takes for it to bounce back to work out how far away the moon is (amongst other things) - turns out its slowly getting further away from us.

Cant you also still see the footsteps through a high powered telescope ?

Footprints on the moon are there forever

Yes. Here's the lunar rover tracks from Apollo 17. Taken by NASA's Lunar Reconnaissance Orbiter in 2011

zYaX0l.jpg

The moon landings happened, that thread proved it.

The power of VT!

Sorry for being facetious - just suggesting that the evidence (and the proof) may have predated the thread. :)

Obviously.

I just meant all the evidence was in that thread.

And all of them are BS.

However I do find conspiracys rather entertaining, mainley in the delusion of there makers. I had a massive argument about 9/11 with a guy at work saying it was Anerican arms company's trying to send America to war, to sell more arms. Rediculous.

Cant you also still see the footsteps through a high powered telescope ?

Footprints on the moon are there forever

Yes. Here's the lunar rover tracks from Apollo 17. Taken by NASA's Lunar Reconnaissance Orbiter in 2011

zYaX0l.jpg

Definitely shopped

I seldom believe in conspiracy theories, but this one was one that I thought might had something in it. I haven't read much about it before and just thought that it would've been a hell of an achievement to get someone up there and it happened in a "perfect time" for the US. And up untill just recently I thought that Armstrong and Aldrin were the only ones claimed to have walked on the moon. 10 other men has done it, apparently. :oops: Anyway, this thread, and in particular this post, has made me realise that I've been a fool:

They left behind a **** reflector that we use to measure the moons distance away from the earth as it changes over time.

Of course he walked on the moon.

You need to watch better documentaries. Ones that have facts in them.

Didn't know that we actually put that kind of an instrument up there.

Now there's only the JFK conspiracy that I still think might be true, but that's for another thread, perhaps.

R.I.P., mr. Armstrong. One true legend. Rest forever among the stars where you belong. Good to hear that he seems to have been a very humble guy too.

Which JFK conspiracy theory do you speak of?

Just the one that it wasn't Lee Harvey Oswald, which opens up for any other theory about who killed JFK. But I can't say which one I think is the most likely. I just don't believe that Oswald shot him.

The most useful service that conspiracy theories provide is the outing of idiots and nutters. I'm sure most of you who've been here for a while didn't really need help identifying but it's quite useful for us new people.

Yes, they left behind what amounted to big bicycle reflectors on the Moon's surface and noted the co-ordinates. We aim an incredibly powerful laser at one and measure the length of time it takes for it to bounce back to work out how far away the moon is (amongst other things) - turns out its slowly getting further away from us.

This is so well known it's even appeared in sitcoms.

It wasn't a surprise that the moon is moving away from us, we already knew that. It's what happens when you have tides.

Just the one that it wasn't Lee Harvey Oswald, which opens up for any other theory about who killed JFK. But I can't say which one I think is the most likely. I just don't believe that Oswald shot him.

IMO JFK is the one that has the legs when you ask why they would go to such lengths

He was so popular with the public and yet so hated by others with power, him and Monroe are the 2 I believe in

Im sceptical on the moon landing but the reason for the hoax is a bit weak really isn't it? They did it just to piss on the ruskies chips?

The moon is also wobbling due to a major meteor impact on it in the 12th century - it was recorded by mediaeval observers, but unconfirmed until the Apollo landings, and the mirror placements. It checked out.

This is so well known it's even appeared in sitcoms.

It wasn't a surprise that the moon is moving away from us, we already knew that. It's what happens when you have tides.

Yes I know they used the reflectors to confirm suspicions rather than discover new things, although weren't supposed to be somewhat taken aback at the speed it was moving away from us or something?