Match thread - DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

OutByEaster?

BOF (and a few others) will be pleased (if not surprised) that Adam McGurk is injured and will miss this one.

Tranmere have however won two and drawn one of their opening three games and will be full of confidence.

I am a little bit shiverry about the whole business.

Bent must play.

If we are to drag ourselves out of this mess we need to (a) get him fit and firing and confident and (B) figure out how we are going to supply him.

That last 15 minutes against Everton showed a glimmer of something not evident for the other 165 minutes we have played this season. If I was Lambert I would send that same line-up out there, plus Ireland to make up the XI.

As a name on a bit of paper yes, as a player, no.

You don't think?

He was just what we needed against Everton, a forward who can move and work the flanks, give the midfield something to aim at and compete physically with defenders. His goalscoring record might not compare well with Bent but he's twice the player.

agree completely, the guy is always open to recieve the ball, can take a man on, delivers decent crosses once he beats a man, holds the ball up, brings people into play. But he has to be up for up to be like this.

I am totally divided on this one. On one hand I think a team that is as first choice as possible is selected so that they get some more serious game time together. However, that puts A) key players at the risk of injury, and B) A defeat would lower morale even further!

On the other hand, maybe it would be better for us to play a much weakened side and not worry about staying in the cup as losing would mean less of a distraction from the league in the coming months.

Well won't be playing any reserves tonight as we don't have any.

As long as Delfouneso is nowhere near the squad or starting line up.

Guzan

Lowton-Vlaar-Baker-Lichaj

Holman-Delph-El Ahmadi-NZogbia

Ireland

Weimann/Bent

I reckon Guzan, Lichaj, Bannan, Ireland, Delph, Baker and Wiemann are starters tonight.

I'm not sure I would risk Vlaar tonight with Clark being out the next game, I have a feeling we'll see Herd or Lowton at CB or possibly even Delph at LB??

Amazed there are people here who have put Delfouneso in their team. Were you watching Saturday?

Guy can't control a football - granted he's not the only one but I will be sorely disappointed if Lambert plays him over Weimann ever again.

Not even sure Delfouneso will make it in Championship to be honest. He's had plenty of chances now and the kid just aint got it.

Guzan, Lowton, Vlaar, Clark, Lichaj, Holman, KEA, Bannan, Ireland, Weimann, Bent

We should be looking to win this cup!

Clark's suspended for tonight's match so expect to see Baker line up alongside Vlaar.

Would also swap Bannan for Delph.