• Bannan
    • Herd
    • Bent
    • Delfouneso
    • Holman (for Delfouneso 46)
    • Lichaj (for Herd 56)
    • Weimann (for Bannan 67)

I will start with the positive!

Thought the second half was pretty good, we scored, didn't concede and played 30 minutes of the half with 10 men (never a sending off btw). I thought our second half performance would've beaten Wet Spam so I would say we have seen an improvement. The ease with which Swansea best the Hammers today shows that they are a poor team!

We are a work in progress, in the early stages of the job so its no surprise we lost to what is a very good outfit in Everton, it was the same team that beat Man U on Monday! Vlaar, El Ahmadi and Lowton look like quality additions, Baker looked decent when moved to centre back.

Bent needs to be stripped of the captiancy! He is a goal scorer not making runs, how the **** will he scored goals like that? He is so far removed from the play his influence is non-existent, PL must make Vlaar captian NOW!

We lined up without any central midfielder runners the same as last week! This is PL's mistake! Bannan and El Ahmadi like to see the play in front of them so we need the other central midfielder making run in between the opponents midfield and defence, this isn't happenning! Ireland sat deep last week (and was SHIT) but wet spams midfield sat infront of the defence and there was no room in the hole, so what we should have done was expliot the flanks but Ireland alway stayed central so did Zog and Holmann.

We need Gabby fit, we need Albrighton fit, we need another wideman, Zog needs some confidence he is playing like he is expecting to get tackled but dribbles anyway! Bent needs confidence too, he doesn't look at the races!

Clark needs time, I have faith in him, and all the youngsters that played today, they need a run of games and the fans behind them, some of you COCKS need to stop bitching and back them!

I Actually believe todays result will mark a turning point! Up until the second half today we were playing scared, after half time the found some fight, I hope and believe they will carry that through to the next match.

I will start with the positive!

Thought the second half was pretty good, we scored, didn't concede and played 30 minutes of the half with 10 men (never a sending off btw). I thought our second half performance would've beaten Wet Spam so I would say we have seen an improvement. The ease with which Swansea best the Hammers today shows that they are a poor team!

We are a work in progress, in the early stages of the job so its no surprise we lost to what is a very good outfit in Everton, it was the same team that beat Man U on Monday! Vlaar, El Ahmadi and Lowton look like quality additions, Baker looked decent when moved to centre back.

Bent needs to be stripped of the captiancy! He is a goal scorer not making runs, how the **** will he scored goals like that? He is so far removed from the play his influence is non-existent, PL must make Vlaar captian NOW!

We lined up without any central midfielder runners the same as last week! This is PL's mistake! Bannan and El Ahmadi like to see the play in front of them so we need the other central midfielder making run in between the opponents midfield and defence, this isn't happenning! Ireland sat deep last week (and was SHIT) but wet spams midfield sat infront of the defence and there was no room in the hole, so what we should have done was expliot the flanks but Ireland alway stayed central so did Zog and Holmann.

We need Gabby fit, we need Albrighton fit, we need another wideman, Zog needs some confidence he is playing like he is expecting to get tackled but dribbles anyway! Bent needs confidence too, he doesn't look at the races!

Clark needs time, I have faith in him, and all the youngsters that played today, they need a run of games and the fans behind them, some of you COCKS need to stop bitching and back them!

I Actually believe todays result will mark a turning point! Up until the second half today we were playing scared, after half time the found some fight, I hope and believe they will carry that through to the next match.

I actually thought your post was making some sense then I got to the bit that referred to others as 'Cocks' and realised that you are just another poster who, if he/she doesn't agree with someone else's point of view, immediately labels them with a derogatory term.

You no longer have any credence on this site.

Credence on this site hahaha! Some cocks on here constantly berate our youngsters when all they want to do is play football for aston villa, many haven't even had a proper crack of the whip, so I feel I am well within my rights to call them cocks, obviously not everyone is a cock!

Credence on this site is a myth! I am not having a dig at anyone in particular, I am just disgusted with the knee-jerk overeactions and youngster bashing so if I no longer have credence with those cocks then good because thats the last thing I want!

Credence on this site hahaha! Some cocks on here constantly berate our youngsters when all they want to do is play football for aston villa, many haven't even had a proper crack of the whip, so I feel I am well within my rights to call them cocks, obviously not everyone is a cock!

Credence on this site is a myth! I am not having a dig at anyone in particular, I am just disgusted with the knee-jerk overeactions and youngster bashing so if I no longer have credence with those cocks then good because thats the last thing I want!

You may well be right with regard to the unnecessary youngster bashing and knee jerk over reactions but there is no need to label people as 'Cocks'.

We all have opinions, right or wrong with the benefit of evidence and/or hindsight.

Am I the only one who thinks Lowton might prove a decent player?

He is a bit slow to accelerate, which means RB might not be his best position, but he's reliable in possession, good at beating a man, and has an eye for a pass. Even at RB he could be good if he improves his positioning.

Our problems, IMO, are:

DB out of form

PL wanting to play without wingers, which doesn't help DB.

Inexperienced FB's

Players like Bannan and (especially) Zog seemingly regarding possession as an unnecessary luxury.

Lack of attacking creativity (obviously).

I'm happy to be a cock, because I don't think they are good enough.Thats not berating them, thats my opinion.

whether they will be good enough in the future with games I have my doubts and further more can we take that risk.

Where i have some sympathy is that too many are being played at the same time.

My idea of youngsters or Academy players is they should force their way in not be given games because of a thin squad.

I cringed when I saw them line up, the only experienced Villa players on the pitch were Given and Bent (both were poor), the rest were ex-academy players and the new signings. 1st Half was dreadful and other than Vlaar and KEA, everyone else looked at least a yard slow. N'Zogbia's play was embarrassing and, KEA aside, there was nothing in Midfield to provide any link up to the forward/s.

Ciaran Clarke had a dreadful game topped only by being sent off. He was at fault for at least 3 of the goals

All round it was a terrible day at the office :(

Randy you need to invest some $$$'s in the team now, before you end up owning the best ground in the Championship

Sorry, one other thing that merits saying is that Everton were excellent - they're a really nicely balanced side with organisation, energy and a lot of ability - Fellaini gets the attention, but Osman and Pienaar were excellent, the two centre backs are rock solid and injuries allowing they look set for a really good season.

Hats off to Mr Moyes and his side - a proper football club and an example we could learn a lot from.

I was saying similar to my friend at the game today. Moyes has built a team around four or five key individuals who ensure the team stay together. He's been there a decade now and Phil Neville, Pienaar, Osmanm Fellaini, Howard, Distin etc all play the Moyes way. He's had time to do this and has had some dodgy spells, but patience in the right man has its virtue.

Yep. Kudos to them and yourselves for the acknowledgement.

Just watched it...that was worse than the West Ham match...

Simply not nearly good enough in all aspects.

Shocker by Given, I think he's still a bit hungover from his Euro debacle...maybe it's time to give Guzan a game.

Despite the spectacular strike from KEA, he didn't do much else, nor did anyone else really. Baker and Herd were decent, but that's about it.

They aren't playing with confidence, and it's plain to see. We have no teeth and the players look a little confused even. Teams will be licking their lips at the prospect of playing us unless we bring in some quality signings. That's what it comes down to for me.

Without a few new quality players, it's going to be a long slog of a season that might even just end in disaster.

I'm glad I stood alone in not joining the Lambert w@nk-fest.

You weren't alone. He was not my choice either, he's done nothing to warrant a job as big as the Villa job. However he's here now so I will back him. He's not got much to work with but he's already making some strange selections. Lowton needs dropping and Lichaj reinstating. Baker should be moved to CB. Guzan in for Given and NZogbia needs a rocket up his arse.

Why didn't we play a home friendly this summer ?

It would have helped the new lads massively

Anyone still think our poor form last season was mainly to do with Mcleish?

Clearly unless Randy invests heavily in the team now, this will be the year we will be relegated.

I think McLeish took too much blame for things that are horrribly wrong at B6.... somethings are badly wrong down there.

I never wanted Mcleish and am not unhappy he has gone.... just never thought all the ills were down to him.

I am unsure right now if Alex Ferguson could sort it out in any reasonable time.... we are unfortunately in a mess.

Agreed 'TRO.'

There were several posters on here who thought our poor form last season was mainly down to having Mcleish in charge! There can be no doubt now that wasn't the case. Yes we all knew that Mcleish was a poor manager but with that logic then Lambert must also now be a poor manager with the start we have had and if anything, our most recent performances are now worse. I'm not saying at the moment that Lambert is another poor manager but he has brought new signings into the team with little or no affect.

The simply fact of the matter is that we have needed major re-investment in the team since the sale of Milner, Young and Downing and rather than re-investing that revenue from their transfers into the team, the chairman has started a cost cutting exercise which if it continues, is going to push the club into the Championship at exactly the wrong time with the increase in revenue from TV being available at the end of the current season. I have actually stated previously that Randy started his cost cutting at exactly the wrong time and now it is continuing at exactly the wrong time.

If he continues with this mistaken guidance of our club then we will be relegated this year as we need major investment NOW!

:lol:

Everton were coasting, Moyes made some changes and Fellaini dropped deeper.

Well that wasn't a fun afternoon down at B6.

Positives: KEA and Vlaar both looked decent. Lowton did alright and will only grow in confidence, remember he has been plying his trade two divisions below us. Baker looked good once he was moved to CB. Weimann and Lichaj need to start.

Everything else was quite a shambles. Guzan in please.

Strange tactics to put Herd on the wing, and Bannan on Fellaini. I don't think Bannan is good enough. N'zogbia was bollocks again, as much as I want him to come good maybe it's time to cut our losses? Bent received no service again, it is telling that his most important touch was a goalline clearance.

I would play:

-----------Guzan-----------

Lowton Vlaar Baker Lichaj

---------KEA Herd----------

Holman--------------Ireland

-------Bent Weimann------

That team although better than yesterday's shambles has relegation written all over it.

With few alternatives, we are in desperate trouble unless we bring in at least four Premiership quality players before the window closes.

I just wish we'd go back to the old system whereby teams could purchase players throughout the season. I'd feel a lot safer if that was the case and we could rebuild during the season.

Went to the game yesterday.

Few things, Baker, KEA and, to an extent, Vlaar were the only ones to come out with any credit.

Vlaar was good in defence, but I think he overestimates his long passing ability. The amount of times he brought it out of defence and pinged it into the stands was slightly annoying.

At times last season, especially THAT game at White Heart Lane, we suffered because of a lack of anyone filling the gap between midfield and attack.

Yesterday this happened again. We had KEA doing a good job as a deep lying midfielder, but Bannan was also sitting deep meaning whenever the wingers got the ball they had no-one inside them to pass to. And when the strikers got the ball, they were isolated with only each other for support, which is useless when Everton can afford to double mark them because no-one else is supporting the attack.

Our movement is woeful. We're clearly being thoughtful in passing. We're not as immediate to hoof it as we were. But the movement is nowhere near good enough to support that passing game. Players are making a pass and just watching where it goes, when they should be immediately finding more space.

It was a terrible game, but it's still no time to panic. Hopefully, our transfer business isn't done, and the players Lambert has brought in do look decent (although Lowton needs a bit of time I think) so hopefully any more business will follow that trend.

These things take time. lambert is clearly implementing a new system and that WON'T be immediate. Anyone jumping on Lambert's back is being too knee jerk. It'll come good. Have faith.

Â