• Herd
    • Bent
    • Delfouneso
    • Holman (for Delfouneso 46)
    • Lichaj (for Herd 56)
    • Weimann (for Bannan 67)

Guzan,Hutton,Warnock and Delph should all start next week

Should at least be given a chance.

The past several seasons hasn't been enough? I already know they're of no more use than today's incumbents, and I'd prefer the manager doesn't start tail-chasing.

Be interested to see what Lambert has to say for himself after another shocking tactical blunder

"That's my problem" - from his BBC interview. Sounded contrite and accepted some blame. He's no dope.

Given: 4 - At fault for one goal and looked shady on the others

Clark: 3 - stupid sending off although i think it was harsh

Vlaar: 7 - Best defender we have but that doesn't say much

Baker: 5 - Did ok but isn't a left back

Lowton: 6 - Again ok, but we need better

Zog: 3 - Fed up of making excuses for inept performances

Bannan: 3 - see above

Herd: 4 - tries hard but i really don't rate him at all

Kea: 7 - good goal and rarely does much wrong

Bent: 5 - never looked a threat with what little service he did get

Subs...... i can't be even arsed to rate them

Glad I gave away my STs for this one as I am off on holiday. Two observations:

Money needs to be spent as some of our 'wonder kids' are simply not good enough.

I think Lambert has a far bigger job on his hands than either he or us thought. The whole squad needs re engineering.

It will be a long season.

today demonstrated what a really poor side we are. n'zogbia just get lost you had what 2-3 good games for us? get out of here you lazy muppet. what is up with us and french players? they all seem to flop

generally just abysmal and serious question marks have to be aske3d of lerner and falkner. no more excuses back lambert and get another 3-4 players in or we are going down and lerner you will lose about 50-60m and have 40k fans wanting your head.

Baker, N'Zogbia, Bannan, Herd and Delfouneso should be no where near the staring line up. I'd probably say Clark is out of his depth too, or am i being too hard on him?

Took 45 minutes for the first shot on goal an outside the box effort from Bannan. I thought Lambert said "Fans should not wait 40 minutes for a shot on goal"? Absolute shocking game, i was embarrassed.

At the moment is seems like all this "new revolution" is a load of hype and no action.

Warnock is back rotting in the reserves for a reason. He has a terrible attitude. Houllier knew this too. The problem with today was poor team selection and a sucker punch of an early goal. Baker is not a left back, he was left horribly exposed by N'Zogbia who was trying but lacked anything in the final third. I still maintain the likes of Clark and Bannan aren't good enough in the team. We need an experienced head in the middle of the park. It really shows how much we miss Petrov's ball retention.

Everton were deserved winners, by far the more confident side. Given gifted them the goal and it was going to be a struggle onwards. Just prior, we had shown glimpses of getting a foothold in the game. He did redeem himself come the second half, but it's such a terrible error. The third goal was down once again to poor marking.

We might have pinched a second goal near the end but we were thoroughly beaten. El Ahmadi took his goal very well and was probably our best player, Vlaar made a cracking interception against Jelavic. Once again, the problems of last season have yet to be addressed in the squad. We can't rely upon the academy players who aren't good enough so much.

Hard pill to swallow, but Lambert is still new to the job and I'm positive he'll turn it around if transfers are sanctioned. As we certainly need them.

I think Clark, given time, will make a decent DM. I would have liked to see him push into midfield in the 2nd half to keep us from getting bossed around by Fellaini. I think it was pretty evident on today's evidence that Baker is the better defender of the two, despite Clark's poise on the ball.

Â