• Bannan
    • Herd
    • Bent
    • Delfouneso
    • Holman (for Delfouneso 46)
    • Lichaj (for Herd 56)
    • Weimann (for Bannan 67)

Your ratings and reactions please.

Keep it respectful even if you know everyone else is wrong.

[table color=#bccde9:75a3361f1d][mrow][mcol color=#8c333c:75a3361f1d]Aston Villa[mcol]1-3[mcol color=blue:75a3361f1d]Everton

[row][col color=#8c333c:75a3361f1d][col][col color=blue:75a3361f1d]Pienaar 3

[row][col color=#8c333c:75a3361f1d][col][col color=blue:75a3361f1d]Felliani 31

[row][col color=#8c333c:75a3361f1d][col][col color=blue:75a3361f1d]Jelavic 43

[row][col color=#8c333c:75a3361f1d]El Ahmadi 74[col][col color=blue:75a3361f1d]

[/table]

Time for Randy to get out the cheque book or we're screwed.

KEA MOTM for me. We should start the next game with those on the pitch for the 2nd half (adding Ireland in somewhere). Zog can leave the club, though.

utter garbage

KEA and vlaar were both ok, baker had a decent 2nd half, lowton didnt do much wrong but baines had a great game

everyone else was poor, nzogbia was awful, bannan outclassed, too many heads (fans included) dropped after the 1st goal, in truth despite the goal and hitting the post at the end we were never in it

we need 3/4 signings

We got well and truly thumped. I'm glad KEA scored because he played well, but the team look very poor. It should have been 5 or 6 before we scored, and in a way I am glad we didnt score when Weimann hit the post as 3-2 would have papered over the cracks.

The squad isnt good enough. We need to buy somebody before Friday.

Even though this was not a fun match to watch and quite terrible, I see some positive things:

1) Lambert's signings looks decent, and they will only get better as they adjust to the league

2) This match has shown that we can free up cash for other players after selling N'Zogbia who did nada

3) We can not rely on young players like Bannan, Clark and Delfouneso, meaning there will be funds to improve the team

4) Weimann looked good, should have had a penalty and had a huge chance when hitting the post after a clever run

5) Can we sell Given without getting weaker? I think so.

Not even sure what to say. I predicted it would be Everton's most comfortable away win all season, they won't have an easier game. Big reality check, outclassed in every single possible department and at times humiliated.

A bit of response after Clark went off, but the minimum I would expect considering Everton stopped playing. Still, at least scoring a goal was something. I fully expect Guzan to start next game and keep his place for the season.

We need a minimum of four quality players to avoid serious trouble.

I have to agree that N'Zogbia was utterly horrible, ship him out if someone's willing to take him. KEA and Vlaar were best players on our side, Lowton was decent. What a **** blinder from Given. Youngsters clearly aren't probably even Championship caliber.

everybody very poor, apart from KEA who scored and at least looks to have something about him

exceptionally poor were nzogbia who managed to just run the ball out of play several times, given who just had to stand there and collect the second goal but failed miserably and clark who had a mare.

we have too many players who are either not ready or not good enough. randy needs to support the manager the next week otherwise we are in serious trouble.

Ok miss the first half as I was at work, but I'll assume it was pretty bad.

Trying to be positive:

Vlaar and El Ahmadi looked good, Lowton wasn't too bad either. So at least Lambert can spot a player.

Showed some imputes to get back in it, bringing on Wiemann, was a move we would not have seen last season.

Thought Baker played well.

On the negative:

N'Zogbia was still awful. We lacked creation in midfield, and could still use a quality DM to protect the back four.

Also not sure why Delph was dropped, thought he was one of our better players last week.

Even though this was not a fun match to watch and quite terrible, I see some positive things:

1) Lambert's signings looks decent, and they will only get better as they adjust to the league

2) This match has shown that we can free up cash for other players after selling N'Zogbia who did nada

3) We can not rely on young players like Bannan, Clark and Delfouneso, meaning there will be funds to improve the team

4) Weimann looked good, should have had a penalty and had a huge chance when hitting the post after a clever run

5) Can we sell Given without getting weaker? I think so.

Will it?!

That's a helluva leap.

I'd say that the fact they are in the squad is a sign that theres no/not enough money and we must make do. Coupled to Faulkner telling us last season that all these great young players will play a big role in the coming seasons...

I think you could be disappointed.

El Ahmadi man of the match by far. The second goal was avoidable and who knows if we could have held on until half-time at 1-0 down but I suspect we would still have got raped. Everton are a hotchpotch of quality Premiership footballers brought in from all over the place over a number of years. We just couldn't compete as we're basically a reserve team plus a few decent players thrown in. Worrying.

Everton are a well drilled machine, every man knows his role, they close down quickly and are effective in attack. We've got a new manager trying, our players are still unsure of their role. That was the main difference.

Clark is a liability. Baker looks a better bet for CB but we need Dunne back to steady things. Gabby coming back will help too. But we need to buy a quality LB and CM'er.

Terrible performance, made slightly less bad by a strange change in mentality that came over us about 15 minutes from the end. Suddenly we didn't give as much of a shit, which allowed us to take an extra clever touch here and there, the finest example being the work down the left wing which culminated in Weimann hitting the post and Bent missing a chance at the second goal. N'zog was part of that move with a lovely little overhead flick to set off Holman - the rest of the game it was like his mentality and confidence wouldn't have allowed him to do something like that.

MOTM was KEA for always looking assertive and capable in possession. Also don't attribute his goal entirely to bad keeping - it swerved like a crazy bitch and put Howard completely on his heels. However KEA was crippled by having Bannan beside him, a complete non-entity. Apart from KEA only Herd had a decent game, strong in the tackle and positive on the ball. Given was terrible, Clark, Baker and, I'm afraid, Lowton just aren't good enough. Lowton was massively helped out by Herd doing a super defensive job out on that side.

Speaking of which, the line-up was bad. Bannan starting was dumb, Clark's selection over Baker at CB proved to be a liability, Herd out wide didn't work, and where was Ireland? Fonz tried but accomplished very little after a good run in the first minute of the game. Lambert didn't pick the right team, didn't set them up right, and didn't change enough at HT to give us a chance. Even with 10 men we got 1 back and should have had 2 while playing poorly - some better recovery tactics could have seen an equaliser. I hope Lambert learns from his mistakes fast.

More importantly Lerner has to unzip the wallet and buy a whole defence.

Given - 3 mistake killed the game off

Lowton - 4 ldoesnt add anything looks out of his depth

Vlaar - 5 positioning and marking at times was awful

Clark - 1 said he would be a liability at the back and he is

Baker - 4 never a full back, better when Clark went off

Nzogbia - 3 couple of runs but no end product

KEA - 6 tidy passing and a good strike. quite lightweight

Bannan - 1 how he stayed on for so long I will never know. Atrocious

Herd - 4 put himself about but has no quality at all

Delfonesou - 2 didnt make much impact

Bent - 5 lots of effort no support. missed his only chance. captain??

Holman - 5 actually looked quite lively

Wiemann - 5 unlucky not to score

Lichaj - 5 did okay. nice to have a proper full back on

Lambert - 3 like last week got his selection,formation and tactics horribly wrong which is very worrying.

dont think its wise from him not to have warnock and hutton in the squad.

Â