• N'Zogbia
    • Bannan
    • Herd
    • Bent
    • Delfouneso
    • Holman (for Delfouneso 46)
    • Lichaj (for Herd 56)
    • Weimann (for Bannan 67)

This is not a knee-jerk; Bannan and Clark are both **** awful and should not start under any circumstances.

The worst two of a truly inept bunch. Lamber has his work cut out here.

I see it the same way mate. I didn't know if i was being too harsh on Clark because he got his red, but i think he isn't good enough for the first team. I just hope we sort this shit out quick.

Well, that was shit. Disjointed, half arsed and generally not good enough.

Given - 3 - Looks a nervous wreck and suddenly looks like he'll make a mistake a game. Guzan time?

Lowton - 5 - Showed some promise and got better as it went on. Individually, the back line weren't bad, collectively they looked disorganised.

Vlaar - 6 - Some good things, he's strong, quick enough and keeps a calm head, but he's not the sort of organisor that can make sense of the rest of this defence.

Clark - 4 - Wishy washy to be honest, the sending off was unfortunate but correct, but he hadn't had a good day up until that point.

Baker - 6 - Possibly our best player on the day. He did his best at left back while proving that he most definitely isn't one and then did very well at centre back - he should be kept there.

Herd - 3 - Tried to be busy, but was isolated and couldn't get into the game - when your game is based on your lungs and your heart, the wing can be a place where a lack of finesse is exposed.

El Ahmadi - 6 - Looked lost in the first half but came back strong. It was nice to see Alan get his goal, hopefully he'll be better for the experience.

Bannan - 6 - I thought he was our best player in the first half, he wanted the ball, he was trying to do something with it and he got in amongst them - he got dogs abuse from the crowd for his troubles and if I was him, I'd be running my keys down the side of Darren Bents car tonight.

N'Zogbia - 3 - He has a decent touch and he can dribble - he has no more idea how these two attributes can best be used to win football matches than Tom Hanks does. Complete waste of space.

Delfouneso - 4 - Little boy lost in the first half, in fairness to him he at least had a wander out to wide areas and he came deep looking to get involved, but he looked like he didn't quite know what his job was.

Bent - 1 - If you don't set things up on a plate for Bent, you may as well give him a newspaper - this was the laziest, least effective centre forward display I think I've ever seen. He never moves, he could have played in a boxing ring today - the amount of times Bannan, or El Ahmadi or Vlaar looked up for a run and found Bent stood under Distin's armpit looking at his feet was ridiculous. Quite frankly, he's a luxury we can do without and a lazy sack of shit - he wants to get back into the England line up? He wants to be dropped from ours, perhaps it'll do him so good, he needs something, becasue as far as I can see, the only thing currently keeping him in the team is his name.

Lichaj - 5 - Did okay. Played his natural position and made an effort.

Weimann - 5 - More life in 20 minutes than Bent's season.

Lambert - Welcome to the job. Big ain't it?

For me, we didn't work the channels and we didn't do that because our forwards couldn't be arsed, we didn't get out wide because one of our wingers is brain dead and the other one is a centre midfielder and we didn't defend well enough from crosses because we don't have enough experience at the back and our keeper doesn't dominate.

I'd drop Given, Bent and N'Zogbia - I won't be at all surprised if the young players end up carrying all the criticism though.

I agree with those ratings except for Bannan. It's admirable that he wants the ball so much but he sure as hell doesn't do much with it and isn't a particularly good or accurate passer.

The unfortunate fact about Bent is that he is a penalty box forward and without service is completely invisible. You either set the team up to create chances for Bent or you don't play him at all.

It's actually really quite scary how inadequate pretty much all of our established and experienced first team players are. I'm really worried about relegation, we need significant investment but incremental spending, not panic buying over one transfer window.

I think we are 4 good players away from being only a marginally shit team.

very poor.. we have picked up where we left last year which is a big worry..right the game is about players & sorry but some of these high wage players are not good enough-simple-..bannan,fonz,herd,clarke,cnz, were bloody rubbish today. fed up of watching bannan trying these hollywood passes,crap,fonz adds nothing to the team,herd has no ability on the ball,cnz is a waste of space,he hasnt & wont ever produce in a villa shirt,hell knows why but it it what it is, you can add ireland & delph to them also,need to ship them out the club with hutton/warnock.. the next few days will be interesting as i do not think that lambert is a fool & fingers crossed randy backs him

The unfortunate fact about Bent is that he is a penalty box forward and without service is completely invisible. You either set the team up to create chances for Bent or you don't play him at all.

Then **** him.

Why is this a surprise to anyone? We knew this when we signed him, well those who had actually seen him play before did...

Delfouneso, Bent, Bannan and N'Zogbia were all a complete embarrassment today. Offered literally nothing to the team at all. How Delfouneso is still getting a chance when it has been clear for about 4 years he is not good enough I'll never know.

We actually looked a lot better when Lichaj went into the back 4. Baker is clearly not a left back but did well at centre half. Clark was poor and Vlaar looks quite good to me although I'd have to see the goals again to whether he was at blame for them.

Be tempted to start the back four that finished the game at Newcastle with Ireland back in the side. We also need to sign about 4 or 5 players or there is only one way we're headed.

Sorry, one other thing that merits saying is that Everton were excellent - they're a really nicely balanced side with organisation, energy and a lot of ability - Fellaini gets the attention, but Osman and Pienaar were excellent, the two centre backs are rock solid and injuries allowing they look set for a really good season.

Hats off to Mr Moyes and his side - a proper football club and an example we could learn a lot from.

Hats off to Mr Moyes and his side - a proper football club and an example we could learn a lot from.

I was saying similar to my friend at the game today. Moyes has built a team around four or five key individuals who ensure the team stay together. He's been there a decade now and Phil Neville, Pienaar, Osmanm Fellaini, Howard, Distin etc all play the Moyes way. He's had time to do this and has had some dodgy spells, but patience in the right man has its virtue.

Today was bloody awful for Villa and like everyone else I was shellshocked at half time. I have faith in PL and believe we need to give him both the time (and the funds) to build a team in his own mould.

Few positives, I thought Baker made a few vital blocks in the second half, KEA looked tidy. Given a concern, N'Zog needs a serious confidence boost, and we missed Ireland IMHO.

The fact is, with the exception of the continually ineffective Charles N'Zogbia, there was very little Premiership experience in between Given and Bent. A team cannot hope to compete at Premiership level with half a dozen rookies and a couple of newbies from other countries/lower divisions.

This team needs a massive, and I mean massive, injection of quality and that costs a lot of money. Question is, will Randy Lerner invest that over the coming season or is he quite content to pocket the $1billion he got for Cleveland Browns and watch us slowly but surely sink?

there was very little Premiership experience in between Given and Bent. A team cannot hope to compete at Premiership level with half a dozen rookies and a couple of newbies from other countries/lower divisions.

I agree, but it doesn't help when actually Given and Bent are a big part of why we performed so poorly - it's actually the player in between who are carrying them, not the other way around - and given that those players aren't collectively good enough to get us anywhere, that's really worrying.

We need a goalkeeper, a left back, a defensive midfielder, two wide men and a striker - it'd cost maybe £60m to fix properly. We may be in trouble.

First half was the worst i have ever seen villa. Nzog i have given up with, does nothing but give the ball away. Bannan runs around alot but offers nothing else. Worrying thing for me is even though we were 3-0 down we still kept playing it long up to bent and would then lose it. The same for the defence, everton kept hitting over the top of our defence but lambert never once tried to fix it. Kea looks very similar to petrov but we need a few more signings. Cant see where a win will come from.

Watching that bollocks though just reminded me how great it was to watch the Olympics, I've forgotten what it feels like to win things being a Villa fan.

It's a great point; the Olympics were a breath of fresh air from these overrated, overpaid, egotistical pricks who call themselves sportsmen.

I used to be as passionate as anyone about the Villa but it's beginning to change now and watching real sportspeople perform in the Olympics is one of the reasons why I'll always think differently towards footballers...they are nowhere near being held in the same regard.

Hopefully, PL will see this and change things for hungrier players within our squad; one things for sure is it seems Insomnia (NZog) should be nowhere near the starting line-up!

Â