Richard Dunne

Zatman

Oh well. He was absolutely fantastic in his first season here, what a colossus he was in defence. I reckon that was probably due to him wanting to make a point to Man City for selling him, as he never really wanted to leave that club, and MON had to offer him stupid money to come here (I read when he joined it was rumoured to be as much as £70k a week).

After his first season he was pretty much useless apart from a few fleeting moments towards the end of both the last two seasons. When we needed experience he was the man to offer it but you could see he was just not cut out for it anymore, even during the beginning of last season he looked way off the pace. He obviously has huge personal demons/problems on top of the injury trouble.

I reckon he'll try to find a club, get given a "pay as you play deal" and then retire at the end of next season, if not sooner.

So just to confirm, his contract has been terminated. Another great O'Neill signing- paid about 5 mil for him, going on a free. Brought to you by the same man who sold Cahill and bought Zak Knightmare. Dunney was half decent on his day but waaay past his best. I will be suprised if he ever plays again, but wish him well to get another club.

So just to confirm, his contract has been terminated. Another great O'Neill signing- paid about 5 mil for him, going on a free. Brought to you by the same man who sold Cahill and bought Zak Knightmare. Dunney was half decent on his day but waaay past his best. I will be suprised if he ever plays again, but wish him well to get another club.

I wouldn't say it's been terminated his contract has just run it's course and expired.

I wouldn't say it's been terminated his contract has just run it's course and expired.

Well you could say that but thats up with Mourinho 'agreeing to part' with madrid, rather than being sacked!

Well you could say that but thats up with Mourinho 'agreeing to part' with madrid, rather than being sacked!

Difference is Mourinho had 12 months left on his contract at the end of this season whereas Dunne's contract expires at the end of May so they are different circumstances.

How long has Ireland got left on his contract?

12 months i believe

Yes just checked. Hope we can offload him this summer

Trouble is who in there right mind would take him on?

It's entirely different. Dunne's contract has just ended. There has been no "termination" and Dunne can't get another penny out of us. That is the key difference.

Â