Richard Dunne

Zatman

I suspect there is nothing 'odd' going on.

He is out of a job next month, and has barely done a days work for almost 18 months. If he has been frozen out, he would have spoken up to let any potential employers know he is OK and that it is something personal. The fact that he hasn't spoken up tells me that he ain't fit and ain't close.

He had a very good first season, and put in a shift for a couple of key games at the end of last season (after injuring his shoulder in a dumb-ass challenge earlier in the season which really hurt us), but otherwise, he was a disappointment.

I remember at the time we were looking at him and Distin, and being happy with who we got. Shows what I know!

Defo not a freeze out - I think Lambert had him in mind to fill that gap next to vlaar. If he hadn't have gone and played for Ireland after last season then it would have been cleared up earlier, but he aggrevated it and picked up the shoulder injury. Just one of those really.

Given how many 'relapses' he's suffered this season, i can only believe it isn't a football related injury. Why else would we keep allowing the injury to breakdown?

If he ain't playing how can he get picked for Ireland. I dunno it's just a theory, perhaps it's just a case of injuries.

Im sure he had a relapse with his injury, which was the reason for being left out the Ireland squad. I also remember him being close to coming back. so i guess the two suggest he is still not fully fit. The older you are, the longer some of these things take.

Yep, simple google search threw up an Independent article from March, quoting Lambert saying it's a recurring groin problem. He's apparently been to the US to get it sorted and it's not career threatening.

Saying that, he is getting on, he's not a natural athlete and he has been out for a whole season, ...oh and he's shit. If his contract is up in the summer I'd let him go.

There were reports a year or so ago saying he'd lost all his money in failed property investments (£25m ish) and on the back of this rumours about drinking. All unconfirmed of course.

There were reports a year or so ago saying he'd lost all his money in failed property investments (£25m ish) and on the back of this rumours about drinking. All unconfirmed of course.

this a Tesco rumour again ;)

Bumped.

Can't be out injured all season ? What's going on, what's the truth?

Is he out of contract this summer ?

See Hutton, warnock, given, bent, ireland ect... All doin the lambert walk!

Like I pointed out in the other thread in which you suggested Lambert had mistreated Given.

Can you explain what exactly he's done wrong regarding Shay Given?

Given was performing poorly. Lambert gave Guzan a chance and he's excelled and has rightly kept his place.

Lambert has still given Given game time in the cups.

What has he done wrong? Would you rather he played Given despite performances?

Â