Speculation: Martin Olsson (Blackburn Rovers)

bickster

Won't break the bank, better than Warnock, get him off the wage bill while we're there, far younger but with lots of Premier League experience

What's not to like?

Also, I have always enjoyed Scandinavians at Villa, really don't know why...

I'd like us to go for Olsson.

He's still fairly young so he can still improve defensively, he was good going forward in a poor Blackburn side & with the way we're playing, I'd hope that the central midfielders will provide defensive cover when he is attacking the wings.

The only thing I'd be concerned about, would be when we're defending set pieces. He's a fairly small chap, IIRC..

Yes to Olsson, but I'm surprised at the love N'Zonzi gets by some people here. I don't think he's all that and he's a dirty player with a bad attitude from the times I've seen him. I think we need more focus on a left-back and a creative midfielder at the moment.

a big dirty midfielder sounds exactly like what we need at the moment.

We have got nothing but a load of powder puff nancies in the middle of the park at the moment. the only player we have with any balls is herd.

I would like Olsson. I think two attacking full backs would work well with two deeper lying CM'ers and two wide midfielders that are fairly narrow.

We might even end up doing a Wigan and playing 3-4-3 at some point with full backs like this.

Â