Speculation: Martin Olsson (Blackburn Rovers)

bickster

Olsson is better going forward then defending, but he's not as bad defending as some are suggesting.

In my opinion he's a better left back and a better winger than any player in our squad, then againg the competition is not that strong.

He reminds me a bit of Ashley Cole, but obviously no way near as good yet. Best attributes are pace and ambition

Olsson is better going forward then defending, but he's not as bad defending as some are suggesting.

In my opinion he's a better left back and a better winger than any player in our squad, then againg the competition is not that strong.

He reminds me a bit of Ashley Cole, but obviously no way near as good yet. Best attributes are pace and ambition

Ambition? Has someone been using the FM editor by any chance? :D

Ambition? Has someone been using the FM editor by any chance? :D

:lol:

Isn't that called Determination in FM?

I've actually watched him a lot in Halmstad, Blackburn and the national side and he is an exciting player who isn't afraid of a challenge. Might be wrong here but i think he scored on his Sweden debut (playing on the left in midfield)

would love this to happen.

Definately see Olsson as a PL type player and Warnock still lives in the North West doesn't he?

Thing is, would SW take a wage cut to leave and rejoin Blackburn (especially under the Venkys!!!)

Very average full back but would still be a step up on Warnock

The CI scouting network strikes again.

He is far from being average, along with junior hoillet I thought he was stand out last season.

Think it would be a good move for us.

Exactly the type of LB we need, because what we saw on Saturday is that we move the ball around midfield so well, but it gets to the point where we can make no more forward movement towards goal. At that point with an attacking LB like Olsson, he comes flying down the wing to give another option. If you watched Everton play last night, it is very similar to what they do with Baines and it can be very effective. We need this if our tactics of playing no wingers will ever work!

buy him

drop N'Zogbia

stick him on the wing

done

Then find another left back.

The wau we intend to play with full back providing the width and pace I think Olson is a realistic and good signing for where we are at now. If it gets rid of Warnock too all the better.

If I lived in England, owned a car, had a driver's license, enough money for food and fuel and knew the directions I'd drive him up(down?) to Bodymoor Heath myself from Blackburn (wherever that is) :D

Â