Broadband/Landline packages

troon_villan

My broadband/calls only contract with Sky is up at the end of next month and they don't appear to offer any incentives for existing customers to renew.

What packages are you guys on? I know most will be on Sky along with the t.v. packages which makes sense but I can't really afford £50-60 a month for sports, movies..etc..

Has anyone seen any good deals for new customers anywhere?

Virgin Media. Shit off a shovel broadband speeds (Usain Bolt is perfect for their broadband advertising)

I hardly ever use my landline phone but I get free weekend calls to other UK landlines.

I know they do good deals for new customers.

What I will say is if you like Sky then ring, cancel (give 30 days notice) and sweat it out for a week or 2 before taking up a new deal. They called me back and gave me 50% off for 12 months.

If you do opt for VM then make sure you order via Quidco online (its just a website that refers you to the VM website and gives you money for the privige, no risk). Sometimes they offer as much as £150 but currently running at £75. you literally sign up, click the link to the VM website, buy your stuff as normal and then in a few weeks time get a payment for whatever you ordered. It'll appear in you transactions straight away.

Â