Relegation

Amo69

The Drop  

609 members have voted

1. 1. Will Villa Go Down?

• Yes
    • No
    • Unsure

Even allowing for the fact that, by and large, Villa fans are way out on their own in terms of pessimism and their willingness to be miserable, the sheer nosedive that the general optimism seems to have taken after one solitary competitive game is surely a new record even for us. I'm saddened and to be honest a little frustrated that we can't even seem to give a manager most of us had fairly high on our wanted list a bit more than one game before we start slitting our proverbial wrists and writing the season off.

These are my feelings exactly. Why can't we just look forward to the season. People are writing off our youngsters but they have only really had 1 season in the prem and that was with McLeish as manager. I said it last season but Gardner's development would have been better suited by sticking in the reserves with KMac. At least in the reserves the ball didn't bypass the midfield. All of the youth lads last season must have gone from playing decent football, on the floor with the reserves/youth to coming into the 'big-time' with the first team and thinking what the hell is this when 'tactics' were being given out by McLeish.

Signings or not, I believe that with the crowd behind the team, the team will progress this season. Prior to Swansea being promoted, how many of there team would you have been happy with if we had signed them!

I want AVFC to be here for the next 100 years. If that means that we can't sign Fletcher, Jarvis and Dawson for £30m, what a shame.

The first two I would sell are NZogbia & Ireland

They are both frauds

Complete red herrings

Serious question

Why are all youre posts like this

Short sentences

Devoid of punctuation

I've noticed this

As well

Although he does seemingly start each line with a capital letter

Yet never ends with a full stop

Perhaps he uses the site from a phone or something?

They are both frauds

Complete red herrings

Would we still be able to put out 11 players on the pitch if we sold those two as well? :lol:

Well at the moment with those 2 in the team we are fielding 9 players and 2 passengers. We could easily drop them and play 2 other squad players. Oh, and by the way, I have a degree in English so pleased to punctuate when appropriate but this is a football forum not an English assignment.

LondonLax wrote:

CI wrote:

They are both frauds

Complete red herrings

Would we still be able to put out 11 players on the pitch if we sold those two as well?

Well at the moment with those 2 in the team we are fielding 9 players and 2 passengers. We could easily drop them and play 2 other squad players. Oh, and by the way, I have a degree in English so pleased to punctuate when appropriate but this is a football forum not an English assignment.

Don't completely disagree but even if the business could be done if you replace Ireland and N'Zog with 2 new players then taking Sat's line up into consideration you've basically got Given and Bent who are used to playing in that team in the position selected.

Even if the 2 new players were a step up in quality I think it would be some time before we're creating shit loads of chances.

I think the players we are missing are in the left back position and the area between Bent and the midfield.

I think we're lacking in the area between Given and the opposition goalkeeper. And Given's been crap too!

The aim this season is to reach 40 points. If we can target our home games against other religation contenders we can hopefully get enough points on the board to stay up another season.

That's not acceptable we are Aston Villa not Reading, Wigan.

Do people still think this squad is good enough to stay up?

Squad? What's a squad.

I'll tell you what has happened, we beat Juventus and a few other sides in the Peace Cup a few years back using youth players and the board clearly felt they were miles better than what they are. In my opinion none, yes no of the recent graduates are good enough, Weimann as a fourth choice striker is the only one I'd have, I'd to turn the game off after Fellani's goal today, N'Zogbia, Ireland, Bent, Dunne, Given, I'd sell the lot. Bring in 12 players between now and January.

Well this is what happens when you destroy a squad year on year for 3 seasons in a row. We were a win away at Chelsea away from being relegated last season... We have since lost Petrov to injury, sold Collins & let Heskey, Cuellar & Makoun leave. We are now left with inexperienced youth players who are still learning their trade, a couple of ex Dutch league players who will take time to adjust & the dregs of the old squad we cannot shift as nobody wants them.... This done at a time just about every team around us has strengthened considerably & is still doing so :?

Still so long as the wages are under the line set by the accountants who cares hey?

This needs sorting Pronto else we WILL be relegated this season... Laughing stock! :evil: