Relegation

Amo69

The Drop  

609 members have voted

1. 1. Will Villa Go Down?

• Yes
    • No
    • Unsure

Yes I fear they will beat Swansea tomorrow, but cant see them getting anything at Arsenal, a few days after the FA Cup final

Yeh! - Everybody is saying that 5 games in 15 days will catch up with Wigan & they will run out of steam. I for one would not be in the least bit surprised if they won all 5 matches including the FA Cup because that is what i've come to expect from this nightmare excuse of a football club!

They really are bugging me this season!

Why do we do this to ourselves?......its a glorious bank holiday Monday - we've just won two on the bounce - and have hit 40 points.....yet here we are fretting at our keyboards....

I wonder if any of the players are as worried as us !

The Villa fan base will need time to recover from the trauma of near-relegation. The threat is gone IMO, but the anxiety will linger for months if not longer. The habits of fear don't just vanish. it's like the football fan version of Post-traumatic Stress Syndrome.

If we beat Chelsea or Wigan we are safe no matter what other teams do, reason is as Southampton play Sunderland both cannot make 43 pointys

This is the only thing to worry about. Other results may make a difference - but only if we stuff it up.

It's in our own hands and, given our current form, that's a very good thing.

Add to that the ridiculousness of the Championship (14 points between 6th and 22nd is just mental), plus the League Cup (entertainment at our expense, but entertainment nonetheless...) and this might've been the most exciting English season in a long while, if not for the absolute bore that was the title race. Manchester City are a disgrace.

Add to that the ridiculousness of the Championship (14 points between 6th and 22nd is just mental), plus the League Cup (entertainment at our expense, but entertainment nonetheless...) and this might've been the most exciting English season in a long while, if not for the absolute bore that was the title race. Manchester City are a disgrace.

Trip Caddy?  :blink:

It will all become very clear at about 9:55pm tonight. If Wigan win, which I think is very likely, the relegation battle is again even more tighter than a badger's arsehole, not that I have seen one lol. Lets say Wigan win they will be on 38 points, assuming we don't pick up anymore points, which is likely, we will be on 40 hoping other teams slip up.

I honestly think Southampton will beat Sunderland this weekend, then even though teams e.g. Fulham, Wigan and Norwich have visited WHL and won, I think Sunderland will pick up a point at best and be the ones to go down on 39 points. Plus they are without 4 key players (Fletcher, Gardner, Sessegnon and Cattermole) plus Rose for their final game against Spuds.

Edited by Avflife

It will all become very clear at about 9:55pm tonight. If Wigan win, which I think is very likely, the relegation battle is again even more tighter than a badger's arsehole, not that I have seen one lol. Lets say Wigan win they will be on 38 points, assuming we don't pick up anymore points, which is likely, we will be on 40 hoping other teams slip up.

I honestly think Southampton will beat Sunderland this weekend, then even though teams e.g. Fulham, Wigan and Norwich have visited WHL and won, I think Sunderland will pick up a point at best and be the ones to go down on 39 points. Plus they are without 4 key players (Fletcher, Gardner, Sessegnon and Cattermole) plus Rose for their final game against Spuds.

Why?  :blink:

Why?  :blink:

O.k, we face Chelsea at home and Wigan away. Wigan even though we are 5th in the form table just seem to every season do the impossible and stay up, which will probably include winning all their remaining games. Chelsea even though they have the EL final 4 days after facing us, could field a rotated team including Hazard, Marin, Terry and Torres which IMO will be too strong for us. 

Villa fans seem to think that Wigan are in some great run of form just because they narrowly beat the Baggies the other day. Before that, they drew with Spurs, lost to Man City and West Ham and drew with QPR. If QPR can get a point and West Ham all three, there's no reason why Swansea can't get something from tonight.

Villa need, what, 7 or so results to go against us for us to go down? We need 1/2 for us to stay up.

Exactly this. Just a shame that some people can't revel in the feeling of positivity for once.

and FYI, you CAN say one set of results is more freakish. Because it would take a freakish AMOUNT of results to go against us for us to go down.

We are in good form, playing well. Other teams are playing shite and are in bad form. I feel like 33/1 is stingy!

But football doesnt work like that. Results are not influenced by who they go against, especially when they are spread over a period of days. It would be very unfortunate for them all to go against us but that doesnt make them less likely

Im not sure why people are not understanding what I am saying. Not as if I have said that the mass group of results that needs to go against us is likely (apart from when I messed up with my odds - but I held my hands up there  :) ) - so the ironic posts posted earlier are misplaced imo.

All I have said is simply:

There are a run of fixtures coming up. Given the number of fixtures and the nature of them (ie there arent many lower teams playing top sides) - no one set of results is less likely than any other.

Take the number of relevant games - do an accumulator of the results that would send us down - Massive Odds

Do the same with any random combination of results - Massive Odds

There will be no scenario that is most likely to happen - due to the very size of the number of games.

All sets of results are unlikely to happen - but one of them will. 

Advantage that we have of course is that there are more sets of results that would keep us up than there are ones that will send us down. So there is more chance that a set of results will occur that will keep us up. Thats not to say that 'individually' (So move away from the 'Villa stay up bit), that set of results is more likely to happen than any other.

Edited by Woodytom

This mornings BBC predictor (I'm up to about two a day) had us staying up on 40 points with a goal difference of -23 and  Newcastle going down on 40 points with a goal difference of -23. That would I think just about finish me off.