Relegation

Amo69

The Drop  

609 members have voted

1. 1. Will Villa Go Down?

• Yes
    • No
    • Unsure

Lambert rode his luck with us, but we still shipped a shed full of goals.

Maybe that luck has finally run out for him.

lol, your a wind up merchant and a pretty shit one.

Your ridiculously ungrateful for what he did for your club, I appreciate you was never going to send him away with a pat on his back but lets not judge him quite yet.

I honestly don't mean to wind you Villa lads up but only now since our defence has been compleatly rebuilt, do we realise how bad it realy was.

The trouble is its been at the expense of our attack....now we couldn't score in a brothel!

Such a bad defence yet he got you to 12th? No wonder you are still pissed off that he left you, he must be a miracle worker

We let in more goals than most teams I believe, but we also out scored most, that is fact.

And there are 3 worst teams than Norwich this season, and I honestly believe you're one of them.

Thats not me being a troll, its based on watching Villa defend, and simply, you can't, even you're own fans are now starting to say this.

Still, as they say, time will tell.

Time to watch Villa and Norwich eh? Even with your dial-up broadband and tractor-travel to and from games, incredible. Must hurt your six fingers and seven toes to be fair, all that travel. Hope your marriage to your sister works out well.

And onto my club, on my forum, where I want to talk without trolls.

I always try to be a realist, just like saying the Southampton game would be hard.

And I think it is too early to say we will finish bottom half or even top half. We need to look at this (relegation) again in February if we are on less than 25 points.

Clark is no midfielder and I see no future for NZogbia.

Weimann didn't deserve to be dropped so yes I'd like to see him have a run and use Benteke as an impact sub.

I don't think gabby touched the ball when he came on yesterday

It wasn't one bad game. It's now 3 bad games out of 5 quite generous fixtures.
And two relatively good ones which to me is a classic pattern of inconsistency.

In the bad games we have looked worse than last season, but in the good ones we have looked a million miles better than last season which shows that that level of performance is in there, they are capable of it they just need the consistency which will come, over time, and which cannot be expected this soon into a rebuilding process.

What I am saying is I totally agree with the comments saying we will have good and bad days and we need to stick with it

Exactly Richard. It really is pathetic how some people overreact on here, especially when the season is so young and the manager hasn't even been in the job for very long.

This is starting to sound reminiscent of the apologists for Houllier. It's no good if the manager is "trying" to change the way we play. The manager's job is to determine how we play and make it happen. He can do this by buying in players suitable to his style, through coaching and training and through tactics week by week. Yesterday's performance raised a few questions over all three of those areas.
Do you expect a team that's trying to implement a new style with a new group of players and new manager to make it work straight away? I'm pretty sure Lambert will learn form his mistakes and people need to give him time to do that before jumping on his back.

I just want Bannan and Lichaj dropped.

Bannan can create chances, but the negatives of his game outweigh the occasional chance he produces.

Lichaj is slow and clumsy, easy to beat. He works hard and is useful for defending corners but we need more than that.

Benteke and Westwood are far from ready to be thrown in full time - Westwood is not ready to impact a game or come on when we need a steady ship (YET!).

Clark has tonnes of potential but I worry about the mistakes he makes, average one a game and they usually end up costing us. Would rather 2/3 small mistakes that do not cost us.

Weimann, no complaints this season.

Bent doesn't add anything unless he scores and we need the ball put into his area for him to score.

Holman, decent player, works hard but lacks the final ball.

KEA - bad game yesterday but cannot complain as he has been solid, same as Vlaar.

Lowton wasn't as good yesterday, but again nothing to moan about as he has shown glimpses of true quality.7

Guzan was poor but again, he has been on form so far so cannot fault one poor game.

Gabby looks off the boil, like he has gone stale here...

Too much going on at the club AND trying to get players settled and/or used to the pace of the prem.

--------------Guzan

Lowton - Vlaar - Baker - Bennett

----------- KEA - Clark

Holman

---------------------------- N'Zogbia

Weimann - Bent

(Clark to help protect Bennet and give N'Zog some freedom without restriction)

Thoughts?

That team looks woefully shit.

No way Vlaar is a CB, too flat footed to play midfield

What we need is a proper DCM. Someone who can orchestrate a game.

That makes no sense at all???

You say Vlaar isn't a centre back as he is too flat footed for a midfielder???

God you talk some shite, which i put down to you either being under 12 or just dumb!

God you talk some shite, which i put down to you either being under 12 or just dumb!

You misread my post and I missed out a coma

What I meant was "no way, Vlaar IS a CB" !!

But thanks for the abuse

You misread my post and I missed out a coma

What I meant was "no way, Vlaar IS a CB" !!

But thanks for the abuse

CI, getting abuse from the upside down people is an honour. Give yourself a medal!

:D

This is starting to sound reminiscent of the apologists for Houllier. It's no good if the manager is "trying" to change the way we play. The manager's job is to determine how we play and make it happen. He can do this by buying in players suitable to his style, through coaching and training and through tactics week by week. Yesterday's performance raised a few questions over all three of those areas.
I was no apologist for houllier. He was shite, he also alienated the players and they were never going to do what he wanted.

Lambert has not alienated them and they will do as he wants but it will not come overnight.

It hasn't helped though Richard that yesterday wasn't the first time that Lambert has got it tactically wrong.

He needs to settle on a system of play so that the players can become accustomed to it rather than making changes to fit Beneke into the team.

It hasn't helped though Richard that yesterday wasn't the first time that Lambert has got it tactically wrong.

He needs to settle on a system of play so that the players can become accustomed to it rather than making changes to fit Beneke into the team.

I don't think those things you have said he needs to do are mutually exclusive