Relegation

Amo69

The Drop  

609 members have voted

1. 1. Will Villa Go Down?

• Yes
    • No
    • Unsure

Lambert rode his luck with us, but we still shipped a shed full of goals.

Maybe that luck has finally run out for him.

lol, your a wind up merchant and a pretty shit one.

Your ridiculously ungrateful for what he did for your club, I appreciate you was never going to send him away with a pat on his back but lets not judge him quite yet.

Your ridiculously ungrateful for what he did for your club, I appreciate you was never going to send him away with a pat on his back but lets not judge him quite yet.

I honestly don't mean to wind you Villa lads up but only now since our defence has been compleatly rebuilt, do we realise how bad it realy was.

The trouble is its been at the expense of our attack....now we couldn't score in a brothel!

There's millions of maybe's wiz, but maybe luck isn't one of them.

You make your own luck.

Alex Ferguson is lucky, because he gets most of his criteria right.

He gets lucky in the transfer market by targeting the best players, his teams get lucky with penalty appeals by having most of his teams play in the opponents box. his teams get lucky holding the ball by players having good close control.

Paul Lambert will be ok he has been with us 5 minutes....once his work comes to fruition the luck will be in evidence.

QUOTE > The trouble is its been at the expense of our attack....now we couldn't score in a brothel!

to be fair, thats a reasonable comment, its usually the way with most team, good defence, but cant score, or score as many goals as you concede

however, for us, its 1 simple way, shit defence and cant score, we could play the worlds best 2 strikers up front, but if your midfield cant supply to them, well, well at least we know that we can make any striker shit! lol

I honestly don't mean to wind you Villa lads up but only now since our defence has been compleatly rebuilt, do we realise how bad it realy was.

The trouble is its been at the expense of our attack....now we couldn't score in a brothel!

Maybe, but you could of perhaps worded it better than insinuating he is just a lucky manager, he is far far more than that.

This thread is going to be relevant all season.

I think it will be relevant until January looking at the fixture list.

The West Brom game is looking like a must win to me as after that we're away at Spurs and Fulham, can only see us getting a point from those two games the way we defended today.

And then we hit November with Sunderland away followed by the two Manchester clubs and Arsenal.

I do expect things to pick up around Xmas/New Year and it might be a bit like O'dreary's first season but yep difficult couple of months coming up I think.

Did people not see Southampton vs City and United they probably should have took 4 points from them games.

not defending the result but people saying Southampton are worst team in the league are talking rubbish

I agree with that.

Saints were punished for naivety against the Manchester clubs but they did score twice in each game. If they can score twice against those teams, they can certainly score against our backline

as we saw today.

From what I've seen so far of the premier league I think the two teams who are nailed on to be relegated are Reading and Norwich.

I think Reading are the worst team in the league, struggling to score goals and the Spurs game showed their back 4 is awful against pace.

With Norwich I just think PL is too big an act to follow even though Hughton is a decent manager in his own right.

Who knows who the 3rd relegated team will be, I would say Wigan but last season shows you can't really say with certainty they'lll go.

I have a feeling for Stoke as they seem to be like us from last season, little goal threat and are in a habit of drawing games.

There are three worse teams than us in this league.

Did people not see Southampton vs City and United they probably should have took 4 points from them games.

not defending the result but people saying Southampton are worst team in the league are talking rubbish

I agree with that.

Saints were punished for naivety against the Manchester clubs but they did score twice in each game. If they can score twice against those teams, they can certainly score against our backline

as we saw today.

From what I've seen so far of the premier league I think the two teams who are nailed on to be relegated are Reading and Norwich.

I think Reading are the worst team in the league, struggling to score goals and the Spurs game showed their back 4 is awful against pace.

With Norwich I just think PL is too big an act to follow even though Hughton is a decent manager in his own right.

Who knows who the 3rd relegated team will be, I would say Wigan but last season shows you can't really say with certainty they'lll go.

I have a feeling for Stoke as they seem to be like us from last season, little goal threat and are in a habit of drawing games.

There are three worse teams than us in this league.

Now I have calmed down a bit.

It feels like we are going to have a series of jekyll and hyde performances of completely contrasting fortunes before we get to some sort of consistency, so we will lose games we shouldn't by a fair few goals it seems.

The trouble is I just don't know if i've got the stomach for it anymore, after two years of misery and mocking from other fans to think that we have another season where we will sway clumsily from the average to ridiculous makes me feel ill. I love this club and for 34 years I have suffered and had some good times. I just can't take another season of being shat all over and made to look like the laughing stock we currently are.

I have faith that Lambert will get it right and I'll never turn my back on my team, just know it'll get even worse before it gets better. If anyone has a time machine and can skip through to January then deal me in, rather than have most weekends ruined by utter muppetry.

Such a bad defence yet he got you to 12th? No wonder you are still pissed off that he left you, he must be a miracle worker

Is your defence as bad as your spelling?

Can we go one result without over the top reactions. We played bad today but as many people have said we have a young team with a new manager, we are going to have these types of results, especially away from home. How about we see where we are on the table after 8 - 10 weeks before we start panicking.

Can we go one result without over the top reactions. We played bad today but as many people have said we have a young team with a new manager, we are going to have these types of results, especially away from home. How about we see where we are on the table after 8 - 10 weeks before we start panicking.

Absolutely right. We'll have more days like this to come, we can be sure of that, but they'll get less and less frequent as the weeks go on and the team start to perform as against Swansea on a regular basis.

Today was a bad afternoon but we'll get there. People need to relax and stick with the team.