Relegation

Amo69

The Drop  

609 members have voted

1. 1. Will Villa Go Down?

• Yes
    • No
    • Unsure

Bannan and Lichaj are awful and if we want to do well, they need to be out of the team. Especially Lichaj who I have never rated. He is clumsy, rash, slow and lacks any quality Other than defending corners and taking long throw ins.

Didnt they concede an average of 6 goals a game so far this season and we can only imagine to score 1 which was a lucky tap in?

well they conceded 6 only once so your average is quite far off. also of their 4 games they played last season top 3

One game. Think people need to bear that in mind before they start predicting us to go down again.

:lol:

Actually its been 3 games.

One game was the game we won which saw claims that Lambert is a much better manager than MON.

Correct me if I'm wrong but we only played one game today did we not? That's what I was talking about. Swansea was one game as well and just as people were wrong to start tipping us for top 6 then (I think one person did) people are wrong to start tipping us for relegation based on the game today.

I still think Lambert is a better manager than St Martin. One game isn't going to change that. You're going to have to accept that not everyone has as high opinion of him as you do.

I hate this thread. Cannot we not have a thread to generally speak about results?

No the hard questions have to be asked

We don't deserve to be a premier league outfit losing 4 - 1 to Southampton...

Lets hope Adkins talks up Lambert like Lambert did for him before the game

Correct me if I'm wrong but we only played one game today did we not? That's what I was talking about. Swansea was one game as well and just as people were wrong to start tipping us for top 6 then (I think person did) people are wrong to start tipping us for relegation based on the game today.

:lol: of course thats what you meant. That we only played one game today

I doubt anyone would base it on just todays game. They might base it on 5 games played and 3 of them have been shocking.

I have no doubt that Lambert is a better manager than MON.

I doubt we would have lost todays game 4 - 1 with MON in charge

It may not have been pretty but sometimes you need to play ugly football to get results

Using single games to compare managers or teams is ridiculous. I doubt we would have lost 4-1 under McLeish today therefore McLeish > Lambert right?

Correct me if I'm wrong but we only played one game today did we not? That's what I was talking about. Swansea was one game as well and just as people were wrong to start tipping us for top 6 then (I think person did) people are wrong to start tipping us for relegation based on the game today.

:lol: of course thats what you meant. That we only played one game today

I doubt anyone would base it on just todays game. They might base it on 5 games played and 3 of them have been shocking.

That's exactly what I meant. :?

I have no doubt that Lambert is a better manager than MON.

I doubt we would have lost todays game 4 - 1 with MON in charge

It may not have been pretty but sometimes you need to play ugly football to get results

We did play ugly football today. It was desperate long ball football.

You can't use just one example of a game to talk about the rest of the season. We played well against Newcastle and Swansea, but judging by how Swansea played against Everton today, starting to wonder if they made us look better than were.
And yet Swansea smashed QPR and West Ham. Just goes to show that anything can happen in football.

You can't use just one example of a game to talk about the rest of the season. We played well against Newcastle and Swansea, but judging by how Swansea played against Everton today, starting to wonder if they made us look better than were.
And yet Swansea smashed QPR and West Ham. Just goes to show that anything can happen in football.

Yeah its a very unpredictable game, which is why we love it I guess.