Relegation

Amo69

The Drop  

609 members have voted

1. 1. Will Villa Go Down?

• Yes
    • No
    • Unsure

I think McLeish was sort of "blessing in disguise"...WHOA WHOA, Hold down the pitchforks!

What if we'd gotten manager like Mark Hughes or FSW last summer? I don't think that we'd gotten players like KEA or Lowton in million years with them, or gotten the total rooting out mood and rebuilding as with Lambert. I think someone here said that you have to go low before going back up and that has seemed to happen with Villa now.

With managers like FSW or Hughes we'd probably be in bigger trouble in couple of years.

More optimistic now Mike ?

Yeah - was feeling very down after the Everton result and couldn't see a way forward. For one reason or another all my travelling companions didn't make the game so it was a long journey back to Bournemouth on my Tod - so had too much time to think and make myself even more depressed.

But was pleasantly surprised yesterday and got an idea of how PL is trying to change our game - still have doubts about some of the signings but hope I am wrong and that we have found a new messiah! :winkold:

Believe it or not i am a lot less worried about relegation than i was, because we

havn`t sold Warnock Dunne and to a lesser extent Hutton, before you bite my

head off, its so we have experience in reserve for when injuries and suspensions

arise. Which has blighted us in previous seasons, and who knows perhaps Lambert

can get these players back to how they became internationals in the first place and

our younger players will learn from the experience of these 3, good and bad.

• 2 weeks later...
I'm starting this now because I can't find the old one. We are still shit and Lambert is not a miracle worker. I still believe it is a possibility we can go down and this is not a knee jerk reaction to today's game it's from looking at our squad and the serious lack of quality.

Mods close this thread if you must and I sincerely I hope I am made to shove it up my ass in a few weeks time. But at this present time I honestly believe the possibliity and implications of relegation should be discussed.

Any chance we can lock this thread now or simply have it framed and hung on a wall as an example to all that hysteria and negativity simply do not help any sporting cause?

The only time we should ever have a thread with this title is if we ever allow the unthinkable of the "R Word" to actually happen (and that will never happen if we all approach the game of football as winners, with a winning, never-say-die, mentality). We're Aston Villa Football Club.

I'm starting this now because I can't find the old one. We are still shit and Lambert is not a miracle worker. I still believe it is a possibility we can go down and this is not a knee jerk reaction to today's game it's from looking at our squad and the serious lack of quality.

Mods close this thread if you must and I sincerely I hope I am made to shove it up my ass in a few weeks time. But at this present time I honestly believe the possibliity and implications of relegation should be discussed.

Any chance we can lock this thread now or simply have it framed and hung on a wall as an example to all that hysteria and negativity simply do not help any sporting cause?

The only time we should ever have a thread with this title is if we ever allow the unthinkable of the "R Word" to actually happen (and that will never happen if we all approach the game of football as winners, with a winning, never-say-die, mentality). We're Aston Villa Football Club.

Okay, if you check a few pages back you'll see me absolutely berating a few posters because of there massive (and I mean MASSIVE) over reaction to the first couple of games of the season.

Doesn't logic dictate that you shouldn't overreact too two bad performances in the same way as you shouldn't overreact too two good performances?

Just like I mentioned a couple of weeks ago, let's keep things in perspective. Lambert is the same today as he was two weeks ago. Villa are still as good as we were two weeks ago. We are still unlikely to get relegated, but it is still a very small possibility. Thread still remains relevant despite two bad performances / two good performances.

Perspective - that includes not going OTT after not losing a couple of games. Please.

Okay, if you check a few pages back you'll see me absolutely berating a few posters because of there massive (and I mean MASSIVE) over reaction to the first couple of games of the season.

Doesn't logic dictate that you shouldn't overreact too two bad performances in the same way as you shouldn't overreact too two good performances?

Just like I mentioned a couple of weeks ago, let's keep things in perspective. Lambert is the same today as he was two weeks ago. Villa are still as good as we were two weeks ago. We are still unlikely to get relegated, but it is still a very small possibility. Thread still remains relevant despite two bad performances / two good performances.

Perspective - that includes not going OTT after not losing a couple of games. Please.

I don't think you've read my post correctly. The mood/perspective of my post today is exactly the same as it was when I suggested the thread was nonsensical not long after it first went up. I was very careful not to actually mention our last two performances in my post today for the very reasons you've stated in your post. This is simply a ridiculously negative thread that needs to go. Reread my post above. Please.

One semi decent game against the worst team in the league and all of a sudden we are Champions League material ?

Make no mistake we will be in and around the relegation zone for the forseeable future . Our manager is unproven and his signings are unheard of foreigners and lower league kids .